Merry Christmas everyone

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2017 at 20:35:02 #813805

Hi to all contributors, especially regulars – I have been posting for longer than you but can’t keep up!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy new Year and looking forward to your further contributions which are always helpful and often entertaining as well!

My plans for 2018 are well in hand, accommodation , flights, travel passes all taken care of – just the finer details of excursions to plan now – will enjoy doing that now the new timetable is available. Looking out of my window at a snow-covered garden while you Aussies are approaching Summer!

We are spending a week in Lugano in early June (will come to Rockoyster for help with that one, no doubt) then a week in St. Moritz early September, moving on to Uetendorf apartment for 3 weeks after that. As a regular pass buyer from STC I was offered passes at 2017 prices for 2018 which I took advantage of!

Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 December 2017 at 21:51:02 #872794

Ditto Maggie.

Seasons greetings from the Great Southern Land. youtu.be/aZ4NuX0qWuY 😎

Summer is indeed upon us and I dream of snow.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2017 at 23:56:32 #872795

thanks Rockoyster and thank you for the link!

What a contrast to my snowy garden at the back of my house and the houses and cars covered in snow out front! I live in a city in the Midlands of the UK! Don’t get me wrong – I like city living but it’s no wonder I like heading for the delights of Switzerland for my holidays!

Maggie

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 5:15:37 #872797

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the lovely Christmas and New Year wishes. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too, and interesting travels in 2018, especially in Switzerland! I always look forward to your contributions in the forum, and to picking up tips from you.

That’s a great idea to have two separate trips next year – lucky you!

If you have snow at this time of year where you live, does it usually last until Christmas? I hope so – nothing like a white Christmas!

I’m a little miffed to see from the webcam that Wengen lies under a beautiful mantle of snow this year – unlike last year, when my son and I spent Christmas there! However, our hotel did put on a wonderful Christmas spread in a beautifully festive dining room, and we had a fantastic time out and about in the Jungfrau Region despite the lack of snow. Other people were saying that was the worst they’d seen it in 30-40 years (in regards to the lack of snow). I’ll have to plan another Christmas visit to Wengen to try again for a white one!

Meanwhile, we have been sweltering through an unusually hot November here in Melbourne, with temperatures up to 37C, followed by tropical downpours and flash flooding, but Christmas Day could still turn out to be anything from scorching hot to cool and wet – and we even had a major hail storm on Christmas Day some years ago.

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in Switzerland in June and September next year! I’ll be limited to local travels in 2018, but hope to go back to Switzerland in 2019. In the meantime, I will be devouring everyone’s trip reports to help ease the “Fernweh”.

So “Happy Christmas” to you Maggie, and to all other contributors to the forum! And in (at least some varieties of) the languages of Switzerland: “Frohi Wiehnachte”, “Joyeux Noël”, “Buon Natale” and “Bellas festas da Nadal”.

Alpenrose

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    12 December 2017 at 8:36:17 #872798

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous Healthy New Year to everyone.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 9:21:46 #872799

Fijne feestdagen en een goed 2018 toegewenst voor alle gebruikers van het MySwissalps forum.

Merry Christmas and a very good 2018 to al members of MySwissalps.

Greetings from the Netherlands, Brahms

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    12 December 2017 at 12:05:13 #872800

All y’all have a merry Christmas from the south of U.S. Mark

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 December 2017 at 19:43:39 #872801

Wow Maggie, 5 weeks in Switzerland next year! Very nice destinations; this should work out very well.

Enjoy the holidays everyone, and planning your next Switzerland trip if applicable!

stodgytj
    Participant
    52 posts
    12 December 2017 at 21:26:12 #872802

Merry Christmas to Maggie and all the other contributors. We’re also looking forward to our next trip to Interlaken in April. Flights are booked, the house is rented. We always enjoy reading these posts and look forward to our next visit to the Berner Oberland.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    13 December 2017 at 11:16:24 #872803

A wonderful Christmas to everyone here – and of course a happy and healthy 2018, with lots of Switzerland 🙂

Olga

• The thread ‘Merry Christmas everyone’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.