Planning trip Lake Luzern to Zurich via Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2017 at 7:46:27 #813767

Hi,

I;m planning to visit Luzern (staying in interlaken) morning 20th dec. Below my itenirary, kindly advise if need adjustment

1. Depart by train from Interlaken 7am – Luzern 9am

2. Spend time in Luzern until 13:00 pm

3. Take cruise depart 13:12 PM Luzern to Vitznau at 14:09 PM

(Question : how far walking from cruise dock to train station? I only have 6mins in between.)

4. Take train from Vitznau 14:15 PM to Rigi Kulm 14:47 PM

5. Rigi Kulm 15:05 to Arth Gouldou 15:50

(Question: I dont spend time up in mount Rigi as its already late evening…. or is it recommended to stay up there for a while before taking another train to ZUrich)?

6. Arth Gouldou to Zurich… then spend few hours in Zurich & depart back to Interlaken

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2017 at 11:56:37 #872537

Hi Samfrula,

6 minutes to connect is fine….they are 50 meters apart.
    I would try and stay up on Rigi Kulm for a bit yes – you’ll still have an hour or so of day light before the sun sets around 16:30.

I’m not sure I would also try to go to Zurich just for a couple hours at night – this makes for a very long day from Interlaken. But if there is something you want to see there it can be done of course.

Use the SBB timetable to find all the departure times.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2017 at 21:39:47 #872538

>> Take cruise depart 13:12 PM Luzern to Vitznau at 14:09 PM … how far walking from cruise dock to train station? I only have 6mins in between.

I have attached a picture showing the Rigi station adjacent to the wharf at Vitznau, so you can see how close they are!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Planning trip Lake Luzern to Zurich via Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.