The Eurail Select Pass in short
- Free unlimited traveling in 2, 3 or 4 bordering European countries. The popular 2-country pass allows you to travel within Switzerland and one of the neighboring countries: Austria, France or Germany. Some combinations, like Switzerland - Italy, are not available;
- Travel days of the 2-country pass: 4, 5, 6, 8 or 10 days within 2 months;
- Travel days of the 3- and 4-country pass: 5, 6, 8 or 10 days within 2 months;
- Most trains are free, some are discounted. Selected boats are free;
- Selected cable cars are discounted;
- City transport and most buses are not included;
- Children up to 11 travel along for free (max. 2 children per adult). This applies to free routes, not to discounted routes.
The Eurail Select Pass suits your travel plans if:
- you have planned up to 10 long train transfers in up to 4 countries. You'll save money as point to point tickets are more expensive;
- you prefer ticketless traveling. You don't need to buy tickets for each trip;
- your plans are not set in stone or you want to be flexible. The Eurail Select Pass allows spontaneous trips at no extra cost;
- you do not need a lot of Swiss transport services not covered by this pass. If you do, you best look into the rail passes for Switzerland;
- you are not a resident of Europe, Russia or Turkey. The Eurail Select Pass is only available to non-European citizens.
See which resellers offer discounts on the Eurail Select Pass.
WHERE IT'S VALID
Check where the pass can be used for traveling, and which discounts are included.
How to choose the best rail pass, where to buy one, about seat reservations and much more.
Is something not clear yet? Just post your questions to the Swiss rail forum and get a quick answer.