12-day itinerary for Sep, 2 adults & 2 children

12-day itinerary for Sep, 2 adults & 2 children

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
comradespear
comradespear
6 posts
Aug 19, 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hi all,

I have revised my itinerary based on feedback on this forum... and thank you so much for the helpful info. only a couple of weeks to to visit and would appreciate a review of the itinerary.

Also, which train ticket would be recommended for us? ............. Merci/Danke/Grazia and Thank you :)

8 Sep Zurich

Arrive in Zurich & travel to Lucerne

8-11 Sep stay in Lucerne

8 Sep 1st night in Lucerne

9 Sep Dying lion monument, Chapel bridge, Water tower, Glacier garden

10 Sep Golden Round trip: Mt. Pilatus (day trip)

11 Sep Ballenberg via Brünig-Hasliberg on the way to Interlaken

11-15 Sep stay in Interlaken

11 Sep 1st night in Interlaken

12 Sep Mount Schilthorn: Round trip from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren - Schilthorn and then via Stechelberg and Trümmelbach back to Lauterbrunnen

13 Sep Jungfraujoch

14 Sep Zermatt Is this OK?

15 Sep Bern on the way to Montreux

15-19 Sep stay in Montreux

15 Sep 1st night in Montreux

16 Sep Geneva Tour

17 Sep daytrip to france??

18 Sep Relax

19 Sep Fly out in the morning

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Aug 20, 2016 - 1:42 PM

Hi comradespear,

Your plans look fine to me. A few comments:

Sep 14: Sure that's ok, although there is lot too see closer to Interlaken too. It's a personal choice. Please see myswissalps.com/ interlaken/ activities.

Sep 15: Just so you know and can make a choice: you will miss part of the Golden Pass line if you travel via Bern, unless you go back to Spiez and proceed from there.

Sep 16-18: you'll find suggestions through myswissalps.com/ geneva/activities.

Hotel suggestions can be found on our Lucerne, Interlaken and Montreux pages.

The 15-day Swiss Travel Pass would fit your plans and includes many free museums as well. That would be my preference. The Swiss Half Fare Card could work if you don't mind buying tickets each day and pay the museum admission. If there are days you expect to book a (guided) tour and not use your rail pass (e.g. Sep 16, 17), a Swiss Travel Pass Flex might work. More information is here:

comradespear
comradespear
6 posts
Aug 20, 2016 - 4:01 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you very much Arno. I will digest your feedback first and make adjustments.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016