2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2012 at 16:08:53 #837744

Hi, I am intending to buy the 2 for 1 swiss pass. You indicated a link to see if a reservation was necessary to be purchased on top of using the swiss pass. The link brings me to the SBB website, but I still cant tell if I need a reservation. Can you advise me how to tell if I need a reservation? Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 September 2012 at 1:39:17 #837745

Hi benedict,

In that case you’re probably looking at a train that does not require seat reservations. I can check the timetable for you if you let me know what train you’re interested in (date, time, departure and arrival town).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2012 at 15:47:06 #837746

Thanks Arno, i have put all the trips in the SBB website and the only one that seems to require a reservation is from Zermatt to Griesalp Kurhaus. The train I am looking at is on Wed 26 September departing Zermatt at 06:13 and arriving at 10:12 in Griesalp. How do I go abouts getting the reservation and how much does it cost? thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2012 at 3:50:25 #837747

[quote]Haiyang said: [quote]Arno said: Dear Hai Yang,

The promoted passes can indeed only be purchased online. If you select “France” and the desired pass on our Swiss Pass page, you can review the price and delivery details. In your case, it would be best to order through this page of swissrailways.com. Delivery to a Swiss address (e.g. your hotel) takes 2 business days that way. Express delivery to France takes 3 business days, which is a bit tight. I would recommend shipping to Switzerland because that’s quicker and cheaper. But if you prefer shipping to Paris, I would recommend to explain in the Notes field that you need your passes on Friday so that the reseller can try to speed things up. You can call them (++41 43 210 55 00) after placing your order if you want, so that they can confirm that everything will work out fine.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland (and Paris)![/quote]

Dear sir,thanks for your kind help.
    I just called the number 43 210 55 00, the lady told me I can buy the promotion product at any Switzerland railway station .
    Is it true? Please confirm it for me!

Hai Yang[/quote]

Hello Hai Yang,

I’ve contacted the Swiss railways and can party confirm this now. It’s available at some larger SBB stations. More information is in this post.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2012 at 3:57:33 #837748

[quote]benedict said: Thanks Arno, i have put all the trips in the SBB website and the only one that seems to require a reservation is from Zermatt to Griesalp Kurhaus. The train I am looking at is on Wed 26 September departing Zermatt at 06:13 and arriving at 10:12 in Griesalp. How do I go abouts getting the reservation and how much does it cost? thanks[/quote]

Hi benedict,

You don’t need to reserve seats for that trip. The trains to Reichenbach can optionally be booked in advance, but there’s no need to do so. It also says that the bus from Reichenbach to Griesalp requires you to pay for a supplement, but you can purchase that from the driver or at the bus station over there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2012 at 13:51:46 #837749

Hi Moderator,

I bought 2 for 1 Swiss Pass, however, my country of residence accidentally filled different with my nationality. Is it can be validate I am the person can use the pass?

Thanks,
    Sammie

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 September 2012 at 6:33:46 #837750

Hello Sammie. It’s important that the nationality and/or country of residence printed on your Swiss Pass match those mentioned in your passport. If that has gone wrong during the ordering process, you can best contact your reseller (Rail Europe, Trainticket or Switzerland Travel Centre) directly and ask for a correction.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2012 at 8:39:47 #837751

[quote]Annika said: Hello Sammie. It’s important that the nationality and/or country of residence printed on your Swiss Pass match those mentioned in your passport. If that has gone wrong during the ordering process, you can best contact your reseller (Rail Europe, Trainticket or Switzerland Travel Centre) directly and ask for a correction.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But now I already get the ticket on hand only realize that indicate wrongly and my departure date is next week. Is it able do make any correction on time?

Rgds,
    Sammie

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 September 2012 at 9:34:50 #837752

Hi Sammie,

You can best contact your reseller as soon as possible. Explain the situation to them and ask them to suggest how to solve this.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2012 at 18:11:47 #837753

Hi, I just got my Swiss pass.. It looks like a boarding pass. Is this all I need to show on the train? For most of my trips I don’t need a supplement so is this all that’s required? Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 September 2012 at 1:46:22 #837754

Hi benedict,

Yes, that’s all you need.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2012 at 14:34:38 #837755

Can I ask one of my friend visiting Switzerland this month to buy on our behalf 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass with a Family Card – physically from Zurich SBB station? I and my family intend to go to a trip to Switzerland from 16 – 23 Oct this year and I was thinking it to be cheap and better to get the passes purchased in person from SBB station. I am just not sure whether there is any mandate to show identity for whom the passes are intended – so whether my friend can buy and bring for me the passes?

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 September 2012 at 1:12:38 #837756

Hello ambarishd,

Purchasing in Switzerland requires you to go to a manned rail station with all travelers and their passports. You can easily purchase your pass online though. One of the options is the online shop of the SBB at swissrailways.com. Depending on your country of residence, there may be other or cheaper options as well. All options can be found if you select your country, pass type and travelers on the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2012 at 4:29:35 #837757

Hi,

I will be travelling from Zurich to Zermatt on the 29th Oct and travel to Milan on the 31st Oct. Can anyone please advise whether I should get a Swiss pass? I am interested in getting the Glacier Express but apparently the train is not functioning from 29 Oct onwards till end Nov. Please help. Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2012 at 15:00:51 #837758

Hello everybody travelling to Switzerland in oct .Following is my itinerary.Plz guide me .Since ill be there for 8 days with my wife i was planning to buy two “four day passes” which has a promo (buy one and get another one free).Is it worth buying the pass or should i go for something else like a four day flexi pass?

14th oct: Bombay to zurich(arrival 12pm same day)Travel to Bern same day .Night at Bern

15th oct Bern to Interlaken .Night at Interlaken .

16th- Tour to Jungfraujoch . leave for Lucerne same day and night at Lucerne .

17th Tour to Mt Titlis or pillatus. Night at Lucerne.

18th Lucerne to St Moritz. Night at St Moritz.

19th St Moritz to Zermatt on Glacier Exp.Night at Zermatt

20th Zermatt to Matterhorn.Travel to montreux.Night at Montreux.

21st Travel to Geneva. City tour of Geneva .Travel same day to Zurich.

22nd Flight from Zurich to Bombay.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 September 2012 at 15:56:05 #837759

Hi kaushikdhume,

With the amount of traveling you’ve planned, I would prefer two sets of the 4-day Swiss Saver Passes (14th – 17th and 18th – 21th). It saves you money and the time to buy tickets. All purchase options are on the Swiss Pass page.

[quote]kaushikdhume said: Hello everybody travelling to Switzerland in oct .Following is my itinerary.Plz guide me .Since ill be there for 8 days with my wife i was planning to buy two “four day passes” which has a promo (buy one and get another one free).Is it worth buying the pass or should i go for something else like a four day flexi pass?

14th oct: Bombay to zurich(arrival 12pm same day)Travel to Bern same day .Night at Bern

15th oct Bern to Interlaken .Night at Interlaken .

16th- Tour to Jungfraujoch . leave for Lucerne same day and night at Lucerne .

17th Tour to Mt Titlis or pillatus. Night at Lucerne.

18th Lucerne to St Moritz. Night at St Moritz.

19th St Moritz to Zermatt on Glacier Exp.Night at Zermatt

20th Zermatt to Matterhorn.Travel to montreux.Night at Montreux.

21st Travel to Geneva. City tour of Geneva .Travel same day to Zurich.

22nd Flight from Zurich to Bombay.[/quote]

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 September 2012 at 16:02:47 #837760

Hi ishida,

You don’t need a Swiss Pass for the two trips from Zurich to Zermatt and Zermatt to the Swiss border. But if you plan to do other trips, then a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass would save money. You can calculate if you know exactly what trips you’ll be making. The Glacier Express won’t be operating indeed, but you could look into the Mont Blanc Express or Golden Pass.

[quote]ishida said: Hi,

I will be travelling from Zurich to Zermatt on the 29th Oct and travel to Milan on the 31st Oct. Can anyone please advise whether I should get a Swiss pass? I am interested in getting the Glacier Express but apparently the train is not functioning from 29 Oct onwards till end Nov. Please help. Thanks.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2012 at 17:35:24 #837761

Hi,
    I faced a problem today and seek your help to know how to handle this situation.
    I went to MySwissAlps site – selected country of residence and selected family members (2 adults – husband, wife and 1 child – our daughter of 6 yrs age).
    It gave options and prices for the 2-for-1 promotional swiss saver flexi pass and also stated that child from 6 – 15 years travel free with parents.
    I clicked on Goto Site for raiileurope-world.com and proceeded to fill up all details about 2 adults and eventually bought the PASS.
    It will be shipped to my postal address for which I was charged shipping fee also.
    However no-where it asked or linked information about my 6 year old daughter – for which I understand she would need a SWISS FAMILY CARD for free travel with us.

What is the process to get the SWISS FAMILY CARD now?
    Do i have to request separately with ref to our Order Confirmation number to add Swiss Family Card and ship together?
    If yes – where should I approach?

We will take train from Milan to Interlaken next month – alternatively can I get this Swiss Family Card at Milan station / Interlaken station / on-board by ticket superintendent during pass verification?
    I need your help so I can secure the Family pass asap!

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 September 2012 at 3:01:25 #837762

Hi ambarishd,

Some resellers indeed don’t offer the Swiss Family Card (e.g. raileurope-world.com), but others do (e.g. swissrailways.com). That’s explained if you click the question mark in our detailed price overview, right behind the statement that children travel for free. In case a reseller does not provide the Swiss Family Card, it can be obtained for free at any manned Swiss rail station upon showing your rail passes and passports.

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    24 September 2012 at 12:52:47 #837763

To Forum Members and Moderators:
    My wife and I recently returned from a week in the Berner Oberland region, and we had one of the best vacation weeks ever. We stayed in Lauterbrunnen, and the surrounding area is magical. We used a 4-day flexi pass to enjoy much of what the area had to offer. Although one of the highlights was a trip to the Jungfrauhoch on a day where there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and the weather was warm (I ended up hiking at 11,333 ft in a t-shirt), it didn’t require a special event to have a special day. For example the (easy) hike from Murren to Grutschalp was a joy, as was the hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg. On the one day that it rained, the trip to the Trummelbach falls was great. If you need a day to rest your legs, like I did, the boat ride from Interlaken to Brienz was a great way to see the surrounding area. Just being in this area was fantastic, and I would strongly recommend Lauterbrunnen as a great base location – we rented an apartment two bus stops up from the train station (15 minute walk).

I can’t overstate the value of the Swiss Pass. It really worked for us, especially with the 50% discount for two people. Finally, I ‘d like to thank the moderators and this forum and this website in general. I used it to death while planning the trip, and it proved to be an invaluable resource for negotiating the various Pass options and planning our time so as to make the most of each day.

Sincerely yours,

Gary

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.