2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    8 April 2012 at 11:35:28 #837584

Hi matt-uk! I’ll answer your question on the Aletsch glacier in your other topic. Would you mind asking only questions related to the 2 for 1 offer in this topic, to keep a good overview? Thanks :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2012 at 11:55:56 #837585

no problem, sorry

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2012 at 13:56:09 #837586

Hello everybody!
    I and my wife are going to use the special offer and buy 2-1 Swiss Saver Pass. Will we get 2 Swiss Saver Passes (1 for free) for each of us? Or will we get 1 Swiss Saver Pass allowing both of us to travel for free? Will this special offer give the right to pay reduced price (for example 34 CHF instead of 68 CHF to reach Pilatus kulm, or a discounted price to go up Shilthorn or Jungfraujoch) for us both?

Annika
    7125 posts
    16 April 2012 at 14:26:31 #837587

Hi DarkAngel. A Swiss Saver Pass is one ticket allowing you both to travel for free in regular trains/buses/boats and to receive discounts on mountain transportation (including Pilatus, Schilthorn and the Jungfraujoch). A map showing the exact area of validity can be downloaded from the Swiss Saver Pass page. You’ll find details on ordering there as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 10:51:16 #837588

Hi there, may i know if i can use the 2 for 1 swiss pass for the train from paris cdg to montreux and lucerne to milan? If yes, where and how to do the booking?

Thanks.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 April 2012 at 14:25:51 #837589

Hello sipehchialat,

You will probably have seen that you can use the 2 for 1 offer of the Swiss Pass as long as you don’t travel after May 31. The Swiss Pass is only valid inside Switzerland with some minor exceptions (see Network Overview, mentioned below).
    If I’m correct trains run from Gare de Lyon in Paris to Geneva. There you’ll have to changes trains and from Geneva to Montreux you can use your Swiss Pass.
    On your outward journey your Swiss Pass will be valid up to Domodossola or Chiasso, depending on the route you prefer.

The Swiss Timetable can help you to plan your trips.
    On the Swiss Pass page you can find all information concerning a Swiss Pass, including a PDF overview of the network on which this Pass is valid.
    Here you can find the information on how to order your 2 for 1 promotion online (only online ordering is possible!), just start looking for “Selling to” and your country of residence.

Enjoy your stay

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 23:50:01 #837590

Hello,

I already bought the 2 for 1 swiss pass for my trip in May. I’m wondering does this pass cover cable car, cogwheel train, and boat rides in Lucern?

Thank you!

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    19 April 2012 at 1:30:31 #837591

Hello liaangelia,

I guess you didn’t find the PDF overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid? You can find it here. Just download and open the map and zoom in on Lucerne. The legend will show which trips are for free and which are discounted.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2012 at 0:46:27 #837592

Hello,

I’m hoping you can help me in this query.
    A group of us (4 adults) are travelling to Switzerland (landing in Geneva) from Venice on 29th May to 3rd June.

29 May – Arrive in Geneva Airport, train from Geneva to Montreux. Golden Pass line from Montreux to Interlaken
    30 May – Jungfraujoch (passing Grindelwald and Maennlichen)
    31 May – Ferry ride to Thun/Briez
    1 June – Interlaken to Lucern in the morning. Mount Pilatus excursion
    2 June – Lucern to Zurich. Explore Zurich old town.
    3 June – Train to Zurich Airport. Fly home

My question is :
    – As our travel dates sit in between the 2 for 1 Swiss pass offer, I’m wondering whether we can use the pass on 1st June (we will validate the pass in Geneva on 29th May as our 1st day). Or does the travel stop on 31st May? If so we might be better off purchasing the Swiss Half Fare card.

Help?

Thanks!

jy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2012 at 1:35:52 #837593

Hi sorry I forgot to mention that Rail Plus Australia (http://www.railplus.com.au) has advised me that the travel on 1st June is still valid using the 2 for 1 Swiss pass as long as I activate it before the due date.

I would like to get a second opinion (or rather confirmation) that this is correct and true. We are heading to Lucerne on 1st June and will be using the ferry (to Alpnachstad) & cable car ride to Mount Pilatus – there’s quite a fair bit of travel on that day, so if the Swiss pass is still valid that would be great news for us!

Thanks in advance!

jy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2012 at 21:29:11 #837594

Hi Moderator,
    My wife and I are planning to visit Switzerland for 7 days in May between 24th and 30th.

The itinerary is as follows:-

Day 1 – May 24(Thursday) – Reach Geneva by air at 8 pm and travel to Lausanne, which would be our base.
    Day 2 – May 25(Friday) – Travel to Montreux, Geneva and areas around Lake Geneva from Lausanne
    Day 3 – May 26(Saturday) – Stay in Lausanne
    Day 4 – May 27(Sunday) – Leave to Zurich by train in the morning and then to Lucerne in the evening. Stay overnight at Lucerne.
    Day 5 – May 28(Monday) – Visit Mt Pilatus and leave to Interlaken in the evening. Stay overnight at Interlaken.
    Day 6 – May 29(Tuesday) – Visit Jungfraugh. Get back to Interlaken and take the Golden Pass Panaromic to Montreux enroute to Lausanne.
    Day 7 – May 30(Wednesday) – Leave to Venice by train from Lausanne.

I’m planning to purchase the 2-1 Swiss Flexi Saver Pass. Day 2, Day 4, Day 6 and Day 7 are the Free Travel Days. I can use 50% discount on travel for the other days, namely Day 3 and Day 5.

Please let me know, if this is the right pass of choice.

Thanks,
    Dinesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2012 at 23:22:46 #837595

Hi Moderator,
    I tried to reserve tickets in RailEurope.com using the Swiss Pass for the trip from Lausanne to Zurich and it is still asking me to pay about $48 dollars for a 1st class fare. Shouldn’t this be free since I’m using the Swiss Pass?

Thanks,
    Dinesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2012 at 14:22:43 #837596

hi.. I need a bit of help here.

I will be purchasing the 2 for 1 swiss pass and I would like to know if it is feasible to use this pass to go to Salzberg. Could you recommend me a route? I saw that this pass covers: Buchs/Sargans – Liechtenstein – Feldkirch (Austria) It is feasible to go to Buchs from Zurich and then take a train from feldkirch to salzburg? Is there a better way?

Since there are 3 of us travelling, would it be better if we get 2 adults n 1 youth pass? we are under 26.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2012 at 17:14:51 #837597

Hi Moderator

My husband and I are coming to switzerland for 8 days from june 4th – 11th – we have done our hotels… landing in zurich – then need to take train to Interlaken, staying in interlaken and going next day to Zermatt, then from Zermatt going to Lugano and finally from Lugano taking bernina express and going back to Zurich. Not sure how to do the swiss passes or which option to pick. I guess we do not qualify for swiss flexi pass 2 for 1 … since that needs to be used by end of may. Are there any other deals or which option should i get as it is our first time and I want it to be the best and comfortable. I see swiss flexi pass and swiss pass and eurorail … so not sure which one to go for. please let me know. any help is appreciated.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 April 2012 at 8:17:54 #837598

Hi jy,

The travel dates of these promoted passes need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012, or between September 1 and November 30, 2012. Even if your pass starts in May, you cannot use it in June.
    [quote]jy2327 said: Hello,

I’m hoping you can help me in this query.
    A group of us (4 adults) are travelling to Switzerland (landing in Geneva) from Venice on 29th May to 3rd June.

29 May – Arrive in Geneva Airport, train from Geneva to Montreux. Golden Pass line from Montreux to Interlaken
    30 May – Jungfraujoch (passing Grindelwald and Maennlichen)
    31 May – Ferry ride to Thun/Briez
    1 June – Interlaken to Lucern in the morning. Mount Pilatus excursion
    2 June – Lucern to Zurich. Explore Zurich old town.
    3 June – Train to Zurich Airport. Fly home

My question is :
    – As our travel dates sit in between the 2 for 1 Swiss pass offer, I’m wondering whether we can use the pass on 1st June (we will validate the pass in Geneva on 29th May as our 1st day). Or does the travel stop on 31st May? If so we might be better off purchasing the Swiss Half Fare card.

Help?

Thanks!

jy[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 April 2012 at 8:21:22 #837599

Hi Dinesh,

This sounds like the right choice to me! You will indeed get the discounts on day 3 and 5. But not on day 1, since the discounts will only start after your first free travel day. Please check this page for hotels.

[quote]kavidinesh said: Hi Moderator,
    My wife and I are planning to visit Switzerland for 7 days in May between 24th and 30th.

The itinerary is as follows:-

Day 1 – May 24(Thursday) – Reach Geneva by air at 8 pm and travel to Lausanne, which would be our base.
    Day 2 – May 25(Friday) – Travel to Montreux, Geneva and areas around Lake Geneva from Lausanne
    Day 3 – May 26(Saturday) – Stay in Lausanne
    Day 4 – May 27(Sunday) – Leave to Zurich by train in the morning and then to Lucerne in the evening. Stay overnight at Lucerne.
    Day 5 – May 28(Monday) – Visit Mt Pilatus and leave to Interlaken in the evening. Stay overnight at Interlaken.
    Day 6 – May 29(Tuesday) – Visit Jungfraugh. Get back to Interlaken and take the Golden Pass Panaromic to Montreux enroute to Lausanne.
    Day 7 – May 30(Wednesday) – Leave to Venice by train from Lausanne.

I’m planning to purchase the 2-1 Swiss Flexi Saver Pass. Day 2, Day 4, Day 6 and Day 7 are the Free Travel Days. I can use 50% discount on travel for the other days, namely Day 3 and Day 5.

Please let me know, if this is the right pass of choice.

Thanks,
    Dinesh

[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 April 2012 at 8:26:17 #837600

Hi Dinesh,

Actually, there’s no need to book seats for that trip. But if you want to, you indeed need to pay an additional amount. Seat reservations are not included in the pass, just the traveling is. Are you a US resident? If not, you’re probably better off booking on one of the other Rail Europe websites. Please find the right website on the right side of the Swiss Pass page by filling out your country, travelers and desired pass. Just press the button and book your pass, and seat reservations if necessary, from the website that opens.
    [quote]kavidinesh said: Hi Moderator,
    I tried to reserve tickets in RailEurope.com using the Swiss Pass for the trip from Lausanne to Zurich and it is still asking me to pay about $48 dollars for a 1st class fare. Shouldn’t this be free since I’m using the Swiss Pass?

Thanks,
    Dinesh[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 April 2012 at 8:32:00 #837601

Hi breadfanatic,

The route via Buchs and Feldkirch is a common one. You can best fill out your trip in the timetable to see all the options. Your Swiss Pass would be valid through Buchs. If you buy an additional ticket Buchs – Salzburg, there is no need to leave the train at the border. Just stay seated as you have valid passes/tickets for the entire trip.

As for the passes: 2 adult passes (2 for 1) and a Swiss Youth Pass would be a good combination. For prices and the best resellers, please check the right side of the Swiss Pass page.

[quote]breadfanatic said: hi.. I need a bit of help here.

I will be purchasing the 2 for 1 swiss pass and I would like to know if it is feasible to use this pass to go to Salzberg. Could you recommend me a route? I saw that this pass covers: Buchs/Sargans – Liechtenstein – Feldkirch (Austria) It is feasible to go to Buchs from Zurich and then take a train from feldkirch to salzburg? Is there a better way?

Since there are 3 of us travelling, would it be better if we get 2 adults n 1 youth pass? we are under 26.[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 April 2012 at 8:41:27 #837602

Hi plakhani1,

You indeed cannot use the 2 for 1 promotion. I would say that an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass would be worth your consideration. A Eurail Pass would be less suitable as those cover multiple countries. Please see the topics listed at the top of the Swiss rail forum for current promotions. Just keep an eye on our website as I expect to post about a new promotion soon.

[quote]plakhani1 said: Hi Moderator

My husband and I are coming to switzerland for 8 days from june 4th – 11th – we have done our hotels… landing in zurich – then need to take train to Interlaken, staying in interlaken and going next day to Zermatt, then from Zermatt going to Lugano and finally from Lugano taking bernina express and going back to Zurich. Not sure how to do the swiss passes or which option to pick. I guess we do not qualify for swiss flexi pass 2 for 1 … since that needs to be used by end of may. Are there any other deals or which option should i get as it is our first time and I want it to be the best and comfortable. I see swiss flexi pass and swiss pass and eurorail … so not sure which one to go for. please let me know. any help is appreciated.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 1:45:59 #837603

Thanks Arno for your responses

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.