2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Arno
    15484 posts
    4 February 2012 at 7:08:28 #805701

Dear travelers,

Our partners have a great offer if you plan to travel in Switzerland in the Fall of 2012. You pay only half the price for a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass or 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for two adults. This offer is for both 1st and 2nd class passes.

4-day Swiss Saver Pass
    Regular price 2nd class for 2 adults: CHF 452.20 (GBP 304.30), now: CHF 226.00 (GBP 152.15)
    Regular price 1st class for 2 adults: CHF 722.50 (GBP 484.50), now: CHF 361.00 (GBP 242.25)

For prices in other currencties, please follow the appropriate links below or go to the Swiss Pass page.
    For all details about the pass, including a downloadable network map to see what’s covered, please visit the Swiss Pass page.

4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass
    Regular price 2nd class for 2 adults: CHF 523.60 (GBP 351.90), now: CHF 262.00 (GBP 175.95)
    Regular price 1st class for 2 adults: CHF 836.40 (GBP 561.00), now: CHF 419.00 (GBP 280.50)

For prices in other currencties, please follow the appropriate links below or go to the Swiss Flexi Pass page.
    For all details about the pass, including a downloadable network map to see what’s covered, please visit the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

This offer is only valid for the passes listed above. You’re allowed to buy multiple passes though, e.g. two 4-day passes to cover an 8-day stay.

Links to resellers selling this offer

http://www.raileurope.com.ar (selling to Argentina)
    While placing your order, be sure to select the tickbox “Friends/Families Fares” before you fill out the number of passengers (even number of adults only, so 2, 4 etc.).
    Use these promo codes to lower the price even more.
    You can purchase this offer until November 27, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    http://www.raileurope.com.a u (selling to Australia)
    While placing your order, be sure to select the tickbox “Friends/Families Fares” before you fill out the number of passengers (even number of adults only, so 2, 4 etc.).
    You can purchase this offer until November 27, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    http://www.raileurope.com.b r (selling to Brazil)
    http://www.raileurope.ca (selling to the Canada)
    While placing your order, be sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Is everyone in your party traveling together at all times?”, and select an even number of adults (so 2, 4 etc.).
    You can purchase this offer until November 21, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    http://www.raileurope.cn (selling to China)
    http://www.raileurope-gcc.com (selling to Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen)
    http://www.raileurope.hk (selling to Hong Kong)
    http://www.raileurope.co.in (selling to India)
    http://www.raileurope.co.il (selling to Israel)
    http://www.raileurope-japan.com (selling to Japan)
    http://www.raileurope.co.kr (selling to South-Korea)
    http://www.raileurope.co.nz (selling to New Zealand)
    http://www.raileurope.com.s g (selling to Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam)
    http://www.raileurope.co.za (selling to Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe)

http://www.raileurope.co.th (selling to Thailand)
    http://www.swissrailways.co m/uk (selling to the United Kingdom and Ireland)
    You can purchase this offer until November 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012. Select the appropriate number of adults (16 years and older). Do not select Youth.
    http://www.raileurope.com (selling to the United States)
    While placing your order, be sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Is everyone in your party traveling together at all times?”, and select an even number of adults (so 2, 4 etc.).
    You can purchase this offer until November 21, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    http://www.swissrailways.co m (selling to many European and non-European countries)
    You can purchase this offer until November 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012. Select the appropriate number of adults (16 years and older). Do not select Youth.
    http://www.trainticket.com (selling to many non-European countries)
    http://www.raileurope-world.com (selling to many non-European countries)

Enjoy your traveling across the Swiss Alps!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    5 February 2012 at 10:28:04 #837425

Dear Sirs,

I am new to this forum but am planning to have a trip to Zermatt/St moritz in May.Therefore I am very pleased to know the 2-1 offer and I have also visited the website for the info.However, I cant find the method to buy the ticket for Glacier Express train after I confirm to buy the promotion Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Could you please instruct me how to make it.Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 February 2012 at 13:03:03 #837426

Welcome on our website sinkafu!

The Glacier Express seat reservation and the pass are to be arranged for separately. You can order the pass, and after that book your seat as explained here.

Enjoy the ride!

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    6 February 2012 at 5:55:31 #837427

Dear Sirs,
    Sorry, I am a bit confusing after log in to the respective web-site for explanation.
    Therefore, would like to find out again.
    Is that meaning I can buy the 2 for 1 Pass first then go to the Glacier Express web-site for just making a seat reservation?
    OR, the offer is not suitable for riding on Glacier Express.
    Sorry for making so many questions.

Sin

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 February 2012 at 12:42:11 #837428

Hello Sin. Yes, you can first order your 2 for 1 Swiss Pass offer, and then get to the Glacier Express website for your seat reservation. You could even do it the other way around, as you can (and should) make your seat reservations entirely independent of whether you already have your pass or not. Just indicate, when making the reservation, that you’ll have a valid Swiss Pass when traveling on the Glacier Express. As the pass is valid for the Glacier Express, you won’t be charged for the trip itself, and you’ll only have to pay the additional seat reservation fee.

Does that help you out?

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    7 February 2012 at 5:51:17 #837429

Dear Sirs,
    I am appreciated your info.however, need to bothering you for more clear for the matter.
    I just visited the web site Glacier Express and found that the seat reservation fee is CHF33/person.
    Is that meaning I just need to paid CHF33/person for the purchase of Seat Reservation and then go with a Swiss Flexi Pass to on
    board the train.
    Look forward to receiving your reply again.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Sin

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 February 2012 at 13:37:06 #837430

Hello Sin. Yes, that’s correct! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2012 at 18:10:11 #837431

There are three of us taking a river boat cruise down the Rhine and arriving in Basel, Switzerland on the morning of Thursday, October 4, 2012. We would like to leave that day by train to Interlaken. We’ll be staying in Interlaken October 4-7 and returning to Basel on the 8th. Between the three of us we plan on going to Bern, Zermatt, Wengen, and Murren and understand there is only one ticket for 2 people on the Saver Flexi Pass which means the two of us on that pass can’t travel to different locations at the same time. We are trying to get by with a 4 day pass. I have been to the website and read the information regarding the different passes. We think the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is the best value for us but we’d love to have your input. We also have a few questions below.

How are the days counted? If we leave Basel at 10:00 a.m. on the 4th can we return to Basel on October 8th before 10:00 a.m. on the 4 day pass?

Is it best to purchase our Swiss Saver Flexi Passes before we get to Switzerland?

If we want to purchase first class, do we need to reserve seats? Is it necessary to know the exact days and destinations before we can reserve seats for first class?

What is a Quick Transfer? I noticed we can purchase the Swiss Saver Flexi Passes on Rail Europe but it doesn’t include Quick Transfer. I’m not exactly sure what Quick Transfer is or if we even need it. I clicked on the question mark and it indicates “you can only board your first train once this product has been validated.” What does this mean?

Please let me know if we have chosen the correct pass for our travel. We very much appreciate any help or advice you can offer.
    Linda

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    7 February 2012 at 19:20:03 #837432

Dear Aninika,

Thank you for your info.

Sin

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 February 2012 at 0:14:38 #837433

Hi Linda,

The 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass offer would be a good choice. Days for Swiss rail passes are calendar days, so a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass can not be used on day 5. However, a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass allows non-consecutive days, so it fits your 5-day trip. You´ll get one pass for the 3 of you. That´s the Saver variant of the pass, which indeed does mean that you can’t travel independently. On top of that you’ll get the 2-for-1 discount, so you actually pay for only two people.

If you want to make use of this offer, you’ll best buy through the links in my initial post. Rail Europe does not currently offer this, and I don’t think this offer is available locally. You would be buying from Switzerland Travel Centre, and they do have what we call the “Quick Transfer”. It means that you can validate the pass yourself (write your names and passport number on it). You don’t have to visit railway personnel for that, which means you can quickly transfer from your inbound plane or international train to the first Swiss train. No delays.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2012 at 10:30:36 #837434

Arno,
    Thank you for the quick response. Just so I’m clear…if we purchase the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass, once it is validated will we have 96 hours of traveling or will we not be able to travel one of the 5 days? Also, do all three of us have to travel together or can two of us travel together if the other decides to stay at the hotel and not travel at all that day? If we want to purchase first class, do we need to reserve seats? Is it necessary to know the exact days and destinations before we can reserve seats for first class?

Sorry for all the questions. I appreciate your help and look forward to a wonderful trip with my family.
    Linda

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 February 2012 at 15:01:20 #837435

Hi Linda,

A 4-day Swiss Saver Pass allows 4 consecutive calendar days of traveling. It does not matter if you board your first train at 9AM or 6PM on the first day. It counts as a full day of traveling. The Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be the alternative if this does not suit your plans. You don’t have to travel together at all times. But you can’t travel independently as it is only one ticket for all of you. Please check the Swiss (Saver) Pass and Swiss (Saver) Flexi Pass pages for full details.

Booking seats is not necessary, unless you want to travel on scenic trains like the Glacier Express. In such as case, you would book a seat for one particular train at one particular day and time. All details are here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2012 at 5:00:02 #837436

Hello Arno
    I would like to buy the 2 for 1 4-day Flexisaver Pass for two people for our trip to Switzerland in September this year. However, if the passes won’t be delivered until two to three weeks before their commencement we will already be travelling and won’t be able to collect them. Is it possible to have the passes delivered to us in Australia earlier or have the passes open dated so they will commence only when we start using them? We leave Australia on 17 August 2012 but won’t be in Switzerland until 15 September 2012.

Thank you
    Julianne

[quote]Arno said: Dear travelers,
    Our partners Switzerland Travel Centre and Switzerland Travel Centre UK have a great offer if you plan to travel in Switzerland in Spring or Fall of 2012.
    You pay only half the price for a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass or Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for two adults. This offer is for 1st and 2nd class passes valid between April 1 and May 31, 2012 and between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    4-day Swiss Saver Pass
    Regular price 2nd class for 2 adults: CHF 452.20 (GBP 314.50), now: CHF 226.00 (GBP 157.25)
    Regular price 1st class for 2 adults: CHF 722.50 (GBP 501.50), now: CHF 361.00 (GBP 250.75)
    More information
    Order the pass (for UK/Irish residents)
    Order the pass (for everyone else)
    4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass
    Regular price 2nd class for 2 adults: CHF 523.60 (GBP 362.10), now: CHF 262.00 (GBP 181.05)
    Regular price 1st class for 2 adults: CHF 836.40 (GBP 578.00), now: CHF 419.00 (GBP 289.00)
    More information
    Order the pass (for UK/Irish residents)
    Order the pass (for everyone else)
    Enjoy your traveling across the Swiss Alps!
    edited by Arno on Feb 7, 2012[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2012 at 9:10:18 #837437

Thanks very much for your help!
    Linda

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 February 2012 at 10:06:18 #837438

Hello Julianne,

The passes are not open dated, but you have two other options:

1) Select a shipping address in Switzerland or elsewhere in Europe where you can have it delivered. This will save some shipping costs as well.
    2) Enter your request to ship sooner in the “Notes” field while placing your order. To be sure, I would recommend to e-mail Switzerland Travel Centre about it as well and refer to your order.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2012 at 0:38:38 #837439

Hi. me, my wife and my son 16Years old are travelling to Switzerland on 20th March for 7 Days. We shall be staying at Gstaad for 3 Days and Interlaken for 4 Days. During this period we wish to visit Glacier 3000, Titlis, Jungfrau & Pilatus. We also wish to travel on Glacier Express. Please advice which pass best suits us and from which points ( Gstaad or Interlaken) shall we plan our excursions to said places. I look forward to receiving your valuable advice.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
    Tejinder Singh.

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 February 2012 at 4:14:40 #837440

Hello Tejinder Singh, and welcome! Glacier3000 can be reached from Gstaad; Jungfraujoch, Titlis and Pilatus can best be reached from Interlaken. The timetable will help you plan your trips. As for the Glacier Express: it won’t be easy to fit this into your plans, since it’s a route in the southern part of the country. You would have to get to Brig first in order to travel part of the Glacier Express (for example up to Andermatt or Chur, and then return to Interlaken). If that’s too much of a hassle, you could travel by Golden Pass between Gstaad and Interlaken instead. This is a beautiful route as well.

Here‘s how to calculate which pass is most economical. My first impression, though, is that you would profit from an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass for the adults and an 8 day Swiss Youth Pass for your son.

By the way, would you mind creating a new topic for further questions, rather than asking them in an already existing thread? That way your question will be noticed more easily by other forum visitors. Thanks a lot :-)!

Best regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2012 at 5:24:07 #837441

Hi, May i know can we buy this promotion 2 for 1 offer Swiss pass in Switzerland train station?

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 February 2012 at 10:45:12 #837442

Hi yanyan,

I’m not sure whether this offer is available locally as well, sorry. If the shipping time is too long in your case, it may be good to know that you can select a Swiss shipping address as well.

Enjoy your stay!

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    12 February 2012 at 4:15:19 #837443

Dear Sirs,

We have bought the 2-1 Pass and also the reservation for the Glacier Express train.

Thank you for your valuable info.

Sin

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    12 February 2012 at 11:22:18 #837444

Dear Sirs,
    Sorry to bother you again, pls advise us for the questions as following.

1)Can we use the Saver Flexi Pass to ride on the train from Zurich to Zermatt?
    2)Are we necessary to book the ticket in advance if we go there in May,2012?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Sin K.F.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 372 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.