Adventure Pack at First, Grindlewald

Adventure Pack at First, Grindlewald

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
bronjen
bronjen
2 posts
Jan 2, 2017 - 5:22 AM

Hi. I will be travelling with my family to Grindlewald on 18 or 19 April 2017.

Would the chairlift up to First be running for non-skiers then?

Will the zipline and bikes to return down the mountain be open that week?

Are children aged 12 allowed to ride the zipline and bikes?

Thanks for your help. BronJen

Arno
Arno
9360 posts
expert &
Jan 2, 2017 - 9:19 PM

Hi BronJen,

Thanks for posting on MySwissAlps! The gondolas (there's no chairlift) and zipline will start running for the summer season on May 6, so you're out of luck I'm afraid. The trains from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch operate al year round.

Last modified on Jan 2, 2017 - 9:22 PM by Arno
bronjen
bronjen
2 posts
Jan 3, 2017 - 2:25 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks for your advice. We are a bit disappointed but anywhere in the alps will be beautiful and a great experience as we are from Australia and have not seen really big mountains before.

Arno
Arno
9360 posts
expert &
Jan 3, 2017 - 9:13 AM in reply to bronjen

Hi BronJen,

I understand. You've picked low season for your visit, which does indeed come with some limitations. But there will be plenty of wonderful places left to visit. The Alps are beautiful all year round. Please see the "What to do" section in the main menu, or the Jungfrau region page. Do check the timetable for any transportation you need.

Last modified on Jan 3, 2017 - 9:14 AM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017