Advice on rail pass for 6 nights Grindelwald

• Solomon
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 May 2016 at 1:39:06 #809097

Myself, wife, two children (15 & 11 years) are visiting 3 European countries from 13th May to 30 May. We will be staying 4 nights in Paris, 6 nights in Grindeiwald, 2 nights in Venice and 5 nights in Rome. In Paris & Rome we plan to visit must see places. In Swiss, we plan to visit Mt. Ttlis, Jngfaujoch, Luzern, and other places in Bernese Oberland. Which train pass will be suitable for me. E Rail or Swiss rail pass? Can this pass be used in local metro & bus in Paris & Rome. Any adive will be helpful. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 May 2016 at 6:55:49 #851567

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Solomon!

Which pass is best can only be told if you make detailed calculations for all your plans, including those for France and Italy. A three country Eurail Select Pass might work, but only if you plan quite extensive traveling in all three countries. Unfortunately, Eurail Pass coverage for the Jungfrau Region you plan to visit isn’t that good. You can check by studying the “Validity” section of the page I just linked to.

In all, a pass just for Switzerland may work better. Apart from that you’d have to find what’s best for your visit to Paris and Venice/Rome. For Switzerland, you seem to be visiting several regions, as Lucerne and Titlis aren’t in the Bernese Oberland. You’ll also have think about your inbound and outbound train trips from France and to Italy. So I’d recommend a pass that’s valid throughout the country and not just for one region. You can look into an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass and a Swiss Half Fare Card and see if these might suit your needs.

• The thread ‘Advice on rail pass for 6 nights Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.