Assistance required for itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2014 at 6:42:10 #806352

Hi,

Following is my Itinerary for swiss and Paris

Day 1: Travelling from Amsterdam to Zurich by night arriving early morning, leaving luggage at the train station and heading towards rhine falls and than coming back to Zurich form where I will go to Lucerne – Stay in lucernce for the day

Day 2: Visiting Mt Titlis ( Can you tell me what would be the cost with Half hare pass)

Day 3: Lucernce to Zermat (Tasch) : visiting near by villages and staying over night

Day 4: Visiting Matter Horn Glacier Paradise ( Can you tell me what would be the cost with Half hare pass)

Day 5: Zermat to Bern (Schüpfen) early morning and planning a visit to Jungfrouch via interlaken ( Can you tell me what would be the cost with Half hare pass) and is it possible that I do it the same day

Day 6: early train to paris from Neuchâtel: Visiting Disney Land staying near Torcy

Day 7: Disney Land

Day8: Paris – Effil tower and Return to Zurich via Bern over night stay in Zurich or train in train from Bern to Zurich

Day 9: Flying out of Zurich

Is the above itinerary looks ok and doable,

is it possible to do the jungfrouch on Day 5

can you please tell me the cost these excrusion, I have websites but really cant figure out the correct cost.

Swiss half fare pass would be fine for me ?

Do I need to purchase a day pass for any of the above days to have free travel, what is the cost of the day pass.

Any more suggestion

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2014 at 16:36:30 #839898

Hello farrukh26,

It looks like you have given this much thought, but just in case: I think you would save money and time if you do things in a different order:

1. Amsterdam to Paris (3h15);
    2. Paris to Basel (about 3h15 too) and onto the rest of Switzerland.

As for the rail pass: a Swiss Half Fare Card or a 3 to 4-day Swiss Flexi Pass are worth looking into. To see which one works out cheapest, follow these instructions. Basically you can find the regular prices of trains in the timetable, and links to the regular ticket prices of excursions on our respective pages: Rhine Falls, Titlis, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and Jungfraujoch. Download the network coverage maps of each pass from the links I just gave to see how much discount you will get.

I don’t think you need day passes, but once you have checked the prices it would be easy to decide.

Regarding your day 5: it’s doable if you travel straight to Interlaken, store your luggage at the Interlaken Ost station, and travel to the Jungfraujoch. Then go back to Interlaken Ost and travel to Schüpfen from there. Of course you do need good weather for the Jungfraujoch, and also for the other mountain trips. It’s good to have an alternative in case you’re out of luck: e.g. a boat trip, a museum, or a city trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2014 at 6:15:58 #839899

Thank you Arno for your assistance.

Actually I am stuck with travelling from Amsterdam to Zurich as I have already bought cheap tickets which will cost to change and my wife added disney land trip just at the last moment.

Based on your advice I am planning to use flexi four day pass, Day1, Day3, Day5 and Day 9.

on day 2 and Day 4 I can use it as a half fare pass right? and would I incur any additional cost because t is not a free day? I am only planning to the above mention mountains on these days.

On day 1 I have just made an addition I will be visiting mt rigi in lucerne as it would be free day and would not cost me any thing.

Price of Jungfaujoch is not mentioned on that page

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 May 2014 at 17:40:15 #839900

Hi farrukh26,

Yes, on day 2 and 4 you will get 50% off. There are no other costs. On day 1 you can indeed add the Rigi trip, if you can fit it all in time wise 🙂

On the Jungfraujoch page, you need to click ‘Tickets’, and that page has a link to the official site listing all prices.

• The thread ‘Assistance required for itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.