Booking Tickets Using a Transfer Ticket

Booking Tickets Using a Transfer Ticket

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
JPennings
JPennings
1 post
Jan 20, 2015 - 1:35 AM

We are travelling to Switzerland on April 21 from Paris and I was informed that it was our best option to get a point-to-point ticket from Paris to Basel and then a transfer ticket for Basel to Zermatt and then from Zermatt to Geneva. My question is how do I book a ticket now for the train ride from Basel to Zermatt and Zermatt to Geneva? Or do I just show up at the Basel Train Station and hope there is a train leaving to Zermatt shortly after I get there. (For example: We are planning on arriving in Basel at 10:26am, and would like to leave shortly thereafter to get to Zermatt.

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jan 20, 2015 - 6:29 AM

Hello JPennings,

The Swiss Transfer Ticket is your ticket. You don't need anything else and can simply board any train to Zermatt. You can print the Swiss Transfer Ticket at home if you buy through www.swissrailways.com. All further information about the ticket is here.

Have a good trip!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016