What”s covered in Eurail France Switzerland Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2016 at 13:25:37 #810261

Hi Sir or Maam,

Greetings from Doha, Qatar.

I would like to visit Switzerland and France early next year and request your good self to please advice about Eurail France Switzerland Pass. (Two Countries Pass)

Pls. confirm if the following is included and free of charge in the above Pass.

SWITZERLAND

Zurich Airport to Lucerne Station.

All Bus and boat travel in Lucerne and entire central Switzerland.

Excursion at Mount Titlis / Mount Pilatus / Mount Rigi

Golden Pass Route. (Is seat reservation mandatory for this route)

Lucerne-Stans-Engelberg Train

Lucerne to Basel SBB

Basel SBB to Paris Gare de Lyon (France) (Is seat reservation mandatory for this route)

FRANCE

Paris Gare de Lyon to Marne la Valley Chessy (Disney Land) thru RER Train

Marne na Valley Chessy (Disney Land) to Champs De Mars – Tour Eiffel Station thru RER Train

This pass seems to be quite cheaper compared to individual Pass like Swiss Travel Pass and single tickets in Paris.

Can I book this pass thru your website ?

Anticipating your reply by return mail.

Thank you in advance,

Amol

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 October 2016 at 13:43:16 #856689

Hi Amol, welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

Please see the below pages, and download the maps, to see what’s included in the Eurail Select Pass (for Switzerland & France) and the Swiss Travel Pass:

The Swiss Travel Pass includes more than Eurail passes, that’s why it’s more expensive. Example are buses and museum entrance, and more it also offers discounts or even free traveling on more cableways.

You can buy the passes through various websites. Please have a look at the Price tab of the above pages.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2016 at 8:39:27 #856690

Hello Arno,

Many thanks for your prompt response !

Agreed, we will go ahead with Swiss Travel Pass.

Moreover, I have been informed we can avail a discount, thru Passholder fare, please advice on the following.

A) Since my origin is Lucerne, I need to catch a train to Basel SBB and then to Paris Gare De Lyon, which would be a long trip.Pls. confirm if Pass holder Fare is applicable for this route?

B) If Pass holder fare is not applicable, then we need to go to Zurich from Lucerne Station and then change the train to TGV Lyria for Paris. Am I right ?

From which website (other than rail Europe in order to avoid booking fees) I can avail Swiss Traavel Pass holder discount?

Thanks in advance,

Amol

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 October 2016 at 11:52:56 #856691

Hi Amol,

Well, in this case the term “pass holder fare” makes things seem more complicated than they actually are.

A) The Swiss Travel Pass gets you free traveling from Lucerne to Basel, so you don’t need any ticket for that leg. You just need to buy a regular ticket from Basel to Paris: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france/ price.

B) You do not have to travel via Zurich to reach Paris. It will take more time that way. Just get the Basel to Paris ticket. That’s all you need, apart from the Swiss Travel Pass: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

Both the ticket and pass can be printed at home. Please see the above links for retailers.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2016 at 13:01:24 #856692

Hi Again,

Thank you so much for the info.

Cheers,

Amol

• The thread ‘What”s covered in Eurail France Switzerland Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.