First Trip to Switzerland – Best Rail Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2012 at 7:21:15 #805689

Hi,

I am hoping someone could help!

Myself and my partner are flying into Zurich on the 27th November and then intend to get the train to Bern as that is where we are staying for 3 nights. We intend to explore Bern on the 28th and then want to go to Jungfraujoch on the 29th. We then fly out of Basel on the 30th November so would need to get the train from Bern to Basel. Could someone please advise me what Rail Pass would be the best for us?

Also, to get from Jungfraujoch from Bern, I assume there are going to be a few changes we need to make on the train?

Thanks so much in advance.

Lauren

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 November 2012 at 12:46:49 #837400

Hi Lauren,

You’re lucky: you’re traveling during the very last days one can use the 2-for-1 offer on the Swiss Pass. The 4-day pass would fit your plans perfectly. Hotels near the rail station in Bern can be found here.

Yes, you need to change trains to reach the Jungfraujoch. Just fill out the timetable to get all details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2012 at 13:24:04 #837401

Thanks for the reply.

So just to confirm, we should purchase the swiss pass or the flexi swiss pass?

Is it worthwhile to purchase the pass as opposed to not having a pass for the travel that we want to do. Like, will it save us money by having a pass?

Thanks again,

Lauren

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 November 2012 at 14:22:24 #837402

Hi Lauren,

You need the Swiss Pass. It will definitely save money, especially now that you can take advantage of the promo.

• The thread ‘First Trip to Switzerland – Best Rail Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.