Half Fare Pass shipping costs

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2016 at 15:03:50 #810238

Hello,

Is is possible to purchase the half fare pass at Zurich Airport? If I purchase online I have to pay $18 for shipping.

Also, is there a separate timetable and price for the Golden Pass from Montreux to Lucerne or is it the same as taken the normal scheduled train from Montreux to Lucerne?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    16 October 2016 at 15:40:45 #856584

Hi arafael86,

Swiss Half Fare Card points of sale are listed here. It looks like you picked one that doesn’t offer print at home yet. I’d recommend to visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en instead. After filling out your details, it shows delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” there. You will receive the card through e-mail within 3 business days, without shipping costs.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2016 at 16:25:48 #856585

Hi!

Im planning to go to Zurich from Germany. Will the Half fare pass be applicable? Or it is only applicable on journeys within Switzerland?

The Jungfrau trip cost 183euro, will a 50% discount be applicable as well?

Thank you.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 October 2016 at 17:12:14 #856586

Hi Sleeoliver, welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

The card gets you discounts on all routes on the Swiss Half Fare Card map, including Jungfraujoch, excluding Germany.

Please post further questions in a new thread. Thanks!

• The thread ‘Half Fare Pass shipping costs’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.