Help to plan 7 day trip to Swiss in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2015 at 11:33:06 #808056

Hi,

I am planning 7 day trip to swiss (Zurich, lucerne and interlaken) from 27th of November.

1. Is it good time to see scenic beauty of swiss in this time?

2. Is mountains like Titlis, Jungfru are accessible?

Please suggest an itinerary which cover Major attractions in these areas. Since I am coming from Dubai Zurich and Geneva are airport options available. Flight will be arriving by noon and return flight by night .

Thanks in advance.

Mujeeb.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    24 October 2015 at 7:53:49 #846644

Hello mujeeb, and welcome to MySwissAlps.

Late November/early December is low season in Switzerland (the country isn’t called “Swiss”, by the way ;-)). This means that quite some cable cars and mountain trains won’t be running, and ski season hasn’t started yet either. However, major attractions like Jungfraujoch, Titlis, Pilatus and Rigi are accessible. You can also make scenic train trips, like the Golden Pass between Lucerne, Interlaken, Zweisimmen and Montreux (near Geneva). City visits to Zurich, Lucerne, Bern, Thun, Montreux and Geneva are an option too.

You may want to enter in Zurich and spend a couple of days in the Lucerne area. You can add one or two nights in the Jungfrau region and head by Golden Pass to Montreux, and end your stay in Geneva. The timetable and the other links mentioned above will help you plan your itinerary, just like this page: myswissalps.com/plantr ip/doityourself/compos eitinerary.

A rail pass, like an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, will help you save money. Which pass is best depends on your exact plans though. Please refer to myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass for tips and tools.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2015 at 18:42:33 #846645

Thanks Annika for your valuable info. I have few doubts,

1. If cable cars and mountain trains are not running how we can reach mountain tops like Titlis, jungfrau, etc.

2. What will be approximate temperature (°C) during December 1st week, bcz I have 3 year old child is with me and we are coming from area where avg temprature is 30°C.

3. Is it a snow fall or rainy season which can spoil our trip.

4. Any suggestion in terms of number of night to stay in each places. if I start my 7 day trip from Zurich and wants to visit attractions in and around Lucerne and Interlaken then return either from Zurich or Geneva.

Thanks in advance.

Mujeeb.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 October 2015 at 0:57:26 #846646

<<“quite some cable cars and mountain trains won’t be running, “>>

<<“1. If cable cars and mountain trains are not running how we can reach mountain tops like Titlis, jungfrau, etc.”>>

That is not the same thing as “none” will be running.

Annika is accurate, and precise.

Snow fall is a function of altitude. When you arrive, there will be snow at high altitudes, but not at lower altitudes.

To find average temperature, do a Google search for temperatures and name your chosen locality, such as Wengen, Zürich, or Lauterbrunnen.. I can assure you that the temperatures will not reach 30 deg. Celsius while you ar ein Switzerland.

This might help you:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ge ttingstarted

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Help to plan 7 day trip to Swiss in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.