Help with 4 day early April itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 23:59:04 #810612

Hi everyone,

having trouble getting my head around what’s best to do in such a short space of time. I wish to have stayed longer but it’s a birthday treat so I can’t complain 🙂 we are going to get a 3/4 day Swiss pass….

we arrive at 09.25am on 3rd April in Zurich. I need to decide where to stay for the first two nights as on the third night we have booked to stay in the Cambrian in Adelboden for the night of my birthday.

i was originally interested in Zermatt, also Mt. Titlis. We’re are just interested in seeing some amazing views, maybe tobogganing or snow tubing, cable carts, and also would like to do canoeing on a beautiful lake? So looking for recommendations on where to stay for the first two nights and what to do. On the 3rd day we will be travelling from wherever we choose to Adelboden. So we will have a day there if you have any recommendations of things around that area or easily accessible by train.

On Thursday 6th our flight is from Zurich is at 16.35 so I don’t suppose we will have much time that day.

Have I made a mistake booking the hotel in Adelboden? Or is a decent itinerary still doable?

Thanks in advance x

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 0:27:24 #858184

Would it make sense to travel from Zurich to zermatt ,spend the first day and night in zermatt, second day Mt. Titlis (anything else if it doesn’t take a whole day) then back to zermatt for the night. On the third day travel to Interlaken where we can spend the day and hopefully canoe. Then that evening onto Adelboden where we will stay the night in the Cambrian. Then check out early to get a couple of hours in around Adelboden before heading to the airport?

Annika
    7125 posts
    19 January 2017 at 12:13:32 #858185

Hi Hannahe1!

Don’t worry, you certainly did not make a mistake. Adelboden is a pretty town in a beautiful valley, so I’m sure you’ll love it there. However, your plans for the first couple of days could use some finetuning. Did you use the timetable to check traveling times to and from Zermatt and Titlis? As you’ll see it will be pretty time consuming to get to Zermatt first and then make a day trip to Titlis; that’s hardly doable. I think you should focus on either Titlis or Zermatt for the first few days, not both. Since you’re also interested in lakes I suggest you skip Zermatt and base yourself in Lucerne or the Jungfrau region. Both provide easier access to Titlis and Adelboden. Theoretically you could still make a day trip to Zermatt if you stay in the Jungfrau region.

How would you feel about that?

• The thread ‘Help with 4 day early April itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.