Hotels near Jungfrau mountain and train routes

• Effiesworld
    Participant
    1 post
    13 April 2021 at 17:51:37 #825810

What are the closes hotels near jungfrau peak and on the train routes?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6384 posts
    13 April 2021 at 18:13:55 #934880

Hi Effiesworld,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are planning a trip to the Jungfraujoch and looking to stay in picturesque mountain villages, I would recommend staying in Wengen or Grindelwald. Both have good connections to the Jungfraujoch. For more details, please look at the links below:

Information about Jungfraujoch and how to get there can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch (please click on the route tab for details on how to get there)

Best regards,

Anna

Neil
    Participant
    12 posts
    14 April 2021 at 11:43:37 #934881

We stayed at the AlpenRose in Wengen. I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel. We also took the breakfast and dinner meal plan–fabulous! It’s not the least expensive hotel, but it’s reasonably priced, and well worth the money. It is a family owned and operated hotel with a warm atmosphere. The room was fine, with a magnificent view of the valley and mountains. You can buy your Jungfrau tickets at the hotel, and they will advise the best day to go—-they know the weather. We suggested this hotel to our friends and they all agree, it is a great place. Again, The AlpenRose gets our highest recommendation. Cheers, Neil

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    14 April 2021 at 15:42:52 #934882

Hi Effiesworld,

The transfer point in Kleine Scheidegg has two hotels there. If you’re not taking the new Eiger Express from Grindelwald to the Eiger, you have to switch trains in KS anyway. There isn’t really a ”town” there, but if you want to do any kind of hiking, its a fantastic hub, but no real kind of night life. I stayed in Wengen also and loved it (I traveled in September), and the weather was beautiful. Its a quaint, quiet beautiful village with, as Neal said, some magnificent scenery. Grindelwald is also beautiful with much of the same, but from what I’ve read on these threads, is a bit more commercial and busier. Those are the two routes (Wengen, from Lauterbrunnen, or Grindelwald) by which to go to the Jungfrau. But KS is the closest in so far as actual hotels are concerned. Look through the links Anna provided and plan according to your wants and desires. Wherever you do decide to stay, you can’t go wrong. Have fun planning and traveling.

Danielsan.

• The thread ‘Hotels near Jungfrau mountain and train routes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.