How to reserve seats on the Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2016 at 15:43:21 #809371

Hi there,

I just purchased 4 first class tickets for the 4 day Bernese Oberland Pass. How do I reserve seats for our first trip from Lucerne to Interlaken? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 June 2016 at 17:20:11 #852674

Hi jvoix,

You don’t need to reserve seats. Just board, find a seat and enjoy the ride. Please see:

jrosten
    Participant
    1 post
    12 June 2016 at 19:26:23 #852675

I’ve been looking for information to reserve a 1st class or vip seat on the Golden Pass leg to Montreaux while using the B O pass.

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 June 2016 at 12:44:06 #852676

Hi jrosten,

The pages I linked to in my answer above will point you to the correct booking websites. Mind that such VIP seats are only available on a couple of trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux, so you’ll have to search the regular timetable and/or the Golden Pass timetable carefully to find out which trains offer them. The timetable allows you to click the “plus” icon next to each connection and to study the many details that will be displayed. If any of them includes the remark “avec places VIP”, those are the connections you should be looking for. Regular 1st class seats should be available for seat reservation in all Golden Pass trains. But as mentioned above, reservations for regular seats are not required.

Mind that you’ll also need an additional 50% discounted ticket between Montreux and Saanen with your Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. The rest of the trip is for free. Please refer to the validity map for details.

• The thread ‘How to reserve seats on the Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.