$50 discount if you buy your Swiss Pass online

Get $50 off any Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass order. More information:
raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass

Create an account to receive an email when someone replies to this topic
manju.rn
manju.rn
10 posts
Mar 14, 2012 - 8:17 PM
I have the 2for 1 Swiss Saver pass. I need suggestion as to how to use it effectively in Jungfrau.

1.In the Jungfrau site - the ticket from Kleine Schidig to Jungfraouch is the cheapest. So does Swiss Saver cover from Interlaken till Kleine Schidig (I think its via lauterbrunnen). Please suggest.
2. What is the best & the fastest way to catch up the Glacier Express from INterlaken. I have already reserved the journey from St Moritz to Zermatt (or the other way - need to check). I know that it will take atleast 3 hours to catch any station of Glacier Express - I was thinking I can leave Interlaken at 7:30AM and reach Chur (to catch Glacier express at 11:15AM). This way I can still retain journey Chur to Brig. I can stay overnight at Brig and leave to Milan the next day on my way to Venice.

Is my plan feasible? or is it just too much for Glacier Express and I can rather visit city like Lucern (nearby) and go to Milan from there?
Arno (moderator)
Arno
2690 posts
Mar 15, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Hi manju.rn,

1. The Swiss Saver Pass is valid to either Wengen or Grindelwald. You get 25% off the price from there.
2. Well, it's quite a trip ;-) If you want to experience the Glacier Express, you should go for it like you planned. But of course there are many other options to enjoy the mountains that require less traveling. Lucerne is indeed an option, and there's also this alternative: indeed travel to Chur but go to St. Moritz from there (another leg of the Glacier Express). The next day, travel to Milan via Tirano (the World Heritage Bernina Express route). I don't think it's less hours of traveling, but traveling is bit more spread over those two days. And the scenery is at least as beautiful. Just another option to choose from! It's all beautiful.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

Planning your trips by Swiss rail

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel experts create a free customized itinerary for you. If you like their suggestion they can arrange for your trip.

More

Swiss tours by Macs Adventure

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2014