Is this itinerary ok and which pass or none?

• Judy52
    Participant
    131 posts
    26 January 2013 at 23:49:05 #805767

14/5 – Milan to Tirano to Chur on Bernina Express ( 1st class seats already reserved)
    15/5 – Chur
    16/5 – Glacier Express Chur to Brig ( will reserve 1st class seats)
    – regional trains Brig – Spiez – Interlaken
    17/5 – Interlaken
    18/5 – Golden Pass Interlaken to Montreux (will reserve 1st class seats)
    19/5 – Montreux
    20/5 – Montreux to Lyon

This itinerary was conceived by a travel agent as part of a trip that includes France and Italy, but I’m going to organize it myself now due to the excessive cost of the travel agent’s package. I was going to keep this part of the trip the same though, unless it seems not to be sensible.

We may take boat trips in Interlaken and Montreux on our non-travel days.

Is it worth buying 4 day Swiss flexi passes with this itinerary (there are 2 of us so we can get the 15% discount).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 January 2013 at 1:21:03 #837968

Hi Judy52,

Your itinerary looks fine to me; you’ve planned to do some of the most attractive rail routes in Switzerland. Taking the regional train from Brig via Kandersteg to Spiez is a good decision. Also I think the 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass makes sense. Details and resellers can be found here. I would suggest to keep an eye on our website as rail pass prices change rather quickly and I expect new promotions (on top of the 15% discount) to be available from February. Perhaps you can take advantage of that, depending on where you’re from.

For hotels of various price ranges close to rail stations, you may want to check the hotel pages, and specifically the one for Interlaken.

• The thread ‘Is this itinerary ok and which pass or none?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.