Is this itinerary ok and which pass or none?

Is this itinerary ok and which pass or none?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Judy52
Judy52
5 posts
Jan 27, 2013 - 12:49 AM
14/5 - Milan to Tirano to Chur on Bernina Express ( 1st class seats already reserved)
15/5 - Chur
16/5 - Glacier Express Chur to Brig ( will reserve 1st class seats)
- regional trains Brig - Spiez - Interlaken
17/5 - Interlaken
18/5 - Golden Pass Interlaken to Montreux (will reserve 1st class seats)
19/5 - Montreux
20/5 - Montreux to Lyon

This itinerary was conceived by a travel agent as part of a trip that includes France and Italy, but I'm going to organize it myself now due to the excessive cost of the travel agent's package. I was going to keep this part of the trip the same though, unless it seems not to be sensible.

We may take boat trips in Interlaken and Montreux on our non-travel days.

Is it worth buying 4 day Swiss flexi passes with this itinerary (there are 2 of us so we can get the 15% discount).
Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
Jan 30, 2013 - 1:21 AM
Hi Judy52,

Your itinerary looks fine to me; you've planned to do some of the most attractive rail routes in Switzerland. Taking the regional train from Brig via Kandersteg to Spiez is a good decision. Also I think the 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass makes sense. Details and resellers can be found here. I would suggest to keep an eye on our website as rail pass prices change rather quickly and I expect new promotions (on top of the 15% discount) to be available from February. Perhaps you can take advantage of that, depending on where you're from.

For hotels of various price ranges close to rail stations, you may want to check the hotel pages, and specifically the one for Interlaken.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016