Need advice - 4 days in Switzerland (end of March)

Need advice - 4 days in Switzerland (end of March)

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
shelleyk
shelleyk
1 post
Feb 5, 2016 - 3:14 AM

Dear All,

My husband and I will be arriving in Geneva Monday March 28th and plan on staying for 4 days.

We both enjoy nature/outdoors but I am wondering if the weather will be suitable for hiking at the end of March?

I would really appreciate your advice for a travel itinerary (Tuesday-Friday) that would allow us to see the highlights of switzerland but also allow us to enjoy the natural beauty of the country.

My intial thought was to purchase a 4 day swiss travel pass and select a plan that is on their website.

thank you very much for any advice you have!

Shelley

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Feb 5, 2016 - 9:12 AM

Hi shelleyk, thanks for joining us!

The end of March isn't a typical hiking season. Routes at higher elevations will still be covered by snow, and spring will probably not have set in yet in the lower regions. You may want to focus on scenic train trips, boat rides and mountain top visits instead. I don't know whether you want to make day trips from Geneva or whether you plan to cross the country by train, spending the nights in several towns. Here are some pages to start off with:

Information on the Swiss Travel Pass, including its validity and purchase options, can be found at our Swiss Travel Pass page.

Does this get you started?

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016