Apr 11, 2012 - 12:03 PM
As your time in Switzerland is limited, I would suggest as follows:
- Friday: Zürich - Lucerne. Overnight in Lucerne
. For hand picked and hotels information please have a look here
- Saturday: Explore Lucerne and surroundings. Consider Mount Titlis
, Mount Pilatus
. Travel to Interlaken, check Swiss Timetable
- Sunday: Travel from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg, from there to Jungfraujoch. At Kleine Scheidegg you will see the Eiger North Face, if you travel to Jungfraujoch the train will take you through the Eiger. Check Swiss Timetable again for times and prices.
- Going up to Kleine Scheidegg (from where the Jungfraujoch train departs and arrives) and back offers two possibilities indeed. You can travel to Kleine Scheidegg via Wengen and back via Grindelwald or the other way around. The timetable I mentioned can get you more information. If you decide to travel via Grindelwald, you will have a beautiful view at the Eiger North face as well.
- Sunday evening: travel back to Zürich.
If all of this fits in your time schedule - I don't know what time you arrive or leave Switzerland - this might be a good idea.
If you want to do some calculations: please view the Rail Pass page
and the possibility of calculating here
I hope this helps, have a nice trip!