Need help with selecting pass…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2011 at 2:26:53 #804480

Hi,

I need help finalizing my itinerary for my trip with my wife and i am really confused on what pass would be suitable.

Day 1: Arrive in Basel, Travel to Wengen…local sights seeing or is there anything i can do?
    Day 2: Jungrau visit
    Day 3: Trummelbach falls and Schilthorn
    Day 4: Schynige Platte
    Day 5: Brienz or Thun or Grindelwald ..Really Confused here…
    Day 6: Travel to lucerne- golden pass.. visit lion monument, bridge etc…
    Day 7: Mount Pilatus.. golden trip
    Day 8: Travel to Basel.. Take flight back..

Was thinking whether a 6 day Junfrau pass + 4 day swiss flexi saver pass would be a good option or a 8 days Swiss saver pass?

Please help…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    14 July 2011 at 9:37:22 #833473

Hi akn007! I’m not sure whether a Jungfrau Railways Pass is such a good idea. That’s because you’ll be making several trips that aren’t covered by this pass: the Schilthorn, Brienz/Thun and everything near Lucerne. Moreover, if you already have a Swiss rail pass, traveling in this region is for free or discounted. You wouldn’t profit from these discounts if you use an additional Jungfrau Railways Pass instead.

So in all, I think you’re best off with only a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days for day 1, day 5 (that is, if you’re heading for Brienz or Thun), day 6 and day 8. The Swiss Half Fare Card may be an economical option as well. You can calculate this ecactly if you want to.

I hope this helps a bit!

• The thread ‘Need help with selecting pass…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.