Need Swiss Travel Pass for travelling 6 Days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2015 at 4:38:31 #807449

Hi Arno,

I had browsed but couldn’t find a pass that can free travelling for 6 days.

I am going to Switzerland this coming 17th – 22nd September 2015 to attend my daughter’s graduation.

I need a pass that can use start from Zurich airport round trip and also can used for travelling in Switzerland.

Thanks

Regards,

May

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2015 at 10:02:24 #843968

Hi May,

From our e-mail discussion I read that your base will be Brig. In that case the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi is a good option. It includes the transfers from Zurich airport to Brig and back for free. And you will get a 50% discount on further tickets during your stay. Of course you can also choose an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass if you find that more convenient, as you don’t need to buy tickets with that one.

The links to buy from Singapore are these:

In your e-mail you inquired about the Swiss Family Card, but that’s only for children under 16. I think your daughter can best use the half fare card she already has, and you can use one of the above passes. If you know exactly what you’ll be doing every day you can calculate which pass works out cheapest.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2015 at 10:10:23 #843969

Dear Arno,

I am from Indonesia, Can I use the link from Singapore?

Regards,

May

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2015 at 10:17:36 #843970

Hi May,

Sorry about that. Your account said Singapore, but I now changed it to Indonesia. You can use the same links though, as that retailer services both countries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2015 at 10:33:51 #843971

It’s ok 🙂

So, If I buy this Swiss Travel Pass, I can travel in Switzerland without buy any ticket anymore and alsa can use it from Zurich Airport to Brig and back?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    25 June 2015 at 11:58:14 #843972

Hello May,

You can find everything about the Swiss Travel Pass on this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass. There’s a section “Where’s it’s valid”, where you will find a downloadable map. It shows you where the Pass is valid and where you will get discounts.

You can use the Pass from Zürich Airport to Brig and back without buying any other ticket.

Have a nice trip,

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 5:55:09 #843973

Dear Olga and Arno,

Thank you so much, really appreciate it.

Regards,

May

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 6:08:50 #843974

Hi again…

I just tried to buy but the delivery is in Singapore. I try to change the country but it didn’t work. Can I collect it at Zurich airport like I did last year? if yes, can I have the link?

Sorry for disturbing

Thanks again

Regards,

May

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 June 2015 at 10:51:35 #843975

Hi May,

If you order through http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-pass they will definitely deliver to Indonesia. You may see Singapore in a drop down box but you can change that and select Indonesia. I just tried that.

You can also collect it at Zurich airport or print the pass at home, but that’s more expensive at the moment. The website for that is http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

You can see all the pass retailers for Indonesia or any other country here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Please let me know if one of these options worked for you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2015 at 2:46:14 #843976

Dear Arno,

Yes, it works and can send to Indonesia but I haven’t bought it yet. Just wonder why the price almost double with the one I bought last year. If not mistaken just about CHF 275 of something. This one cost Euro 499, almost double price.

Regards,

May

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 June 2015 at 14:21:36 #843977

Hi May,

Perhaps you’re not selecting 2nd class? Are you ordering through the link I gave you (http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-pass)? Their prices are in Singapore dollars, not Euros. A 2nd class 8-day Swiss Travel Pass costs SGD 477 (about € 316).

It should not be more expensive than last year. Prices in CHF only slightly increased and prices in most other currencies went down.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2015 at 5:50:43 #843978

Dear Arno,

If you order through http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-pass they will definitely deliver to Indonesia. You may see Singapore in a drop down box but you can change that and select Indonesia. I just tried that.

I click the link you gave me then change the country to Indonesia. Then at the right corner below, I click the Swiss Travel Pass and they can send to Indonesia through that link.

And yes, i forgot change the train’s class :p

Thanks Arno

Regards,

May

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 July 2015 at 9:35:40 #843979

I’m glad to hear it all worked out for you. Have a wonderful trip to Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2015 at 9:19:29 #843980

Many thanks Arno

• The thread ‘Need Swiss Travel Pass for travelling 6 Days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.