Ticket for Paris to Interlaken with a Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2016 at 9:40:53 #808552

Hi Expert,

I will be travelling to Interlaken West on 28th from Paris. I was looking at TGV tickets from paris to Interlaken and was wondering whether i should by tickets all the way till Interlaken or till Basel and use my swiss pass till Interlaken. Kindly advice 🙂

Thanks

Hari

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    6 March 2016 at 11:13:22 #849101

Hi Hari,

I assume you will have a Swiss Travel Pass, as a Swiss Pass is not for tourists (see your other thread). If so, you only need a ticket to Basel. The Swiss Travel Pass covers all trains from there to Interlaken.

Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e for where to buy the ticket, and http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price for where to buy the pass. Currently the best option for the pass is to buy through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and print it at home. It will be ready for traveling so you can quickly switch to the next train in Basel. Be sure to select “Online Ticket” when they ask for the preferred delivery option, and order at least 3 working days in advance.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2016 at 12:26:19 #849102

Hi Annika,

I just love this forum 🙂 . what a quick and prompt response :). It was useful, thanks. Just few more questions, pardon my ignorance. So i will get my tickets till Basel from Paris only. But do i need to reserve my tickets from Basel to Interlaken west ? or just just hop on to the next available train ?

And i saw one option where the time to catch next train to Interlaken was 5 min .. is this enough ?

Thanks

Hari

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 March 2016 at 12:42:05 #849103

I’m glad you like it here Hari! For Basel to Interlaken you just need your Swiss Travel Pass. Just hop on any available train. You don’t need to book anything else. Five minutes is tight but enough to change trains. If you miss it there will be a next one in 30 minutes or so (possibly with a change in Bern).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2016 at 13:25:21 #849104

Thanks Arno and Annika, much appreciated

• The thread ‘Ticket for Paris to Interlaken with a Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.