Pass got stolen-advice where to buy travel e-pass

Pass got stolen-advice where to buy travel e-pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jpatyl2003
jpatyl2003
34 posts
Aug 30, 2015 - 8:17 PM

Hi there,

We were so unfortunate that our 8-day passes were pick-pocketed when when transferred to another train at Bern. The woman threw back the passport on the train. Today is our day 2 of the pass.

we were now at wilderswil and will stay 2 more nights. We want to buy a 4 day e-pass so that we don't have to worry the pass would be stolen again. The Canada website has e-pass but it does not allow us to buy it when I click "we are now at Europe. "

please advice how we can book an e-pass. Is there other option other than buying the pass at the Swiss tour Center? The Swiss tour Center only sell paper pass.

We did not understand why people pic pocket the travel passes. The paper has name and passport no. And validation date.

Thank you

JP

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Aug 31, 2015 - 5:45 AM in reply to jpatyl2003

Hello JP,

I'm so sorry to hear that! It's really sad people do things like this. I don't think they specifically look for rail passes. They just grab whatever they can and later find it's useless. It mostly happens in very crowded places, just like in your case. I hope your insurance covers this. By the way, if you purchased the Rail Protection Plan along with your pass, this will be covered by Rail Europe Canada: www.raileurope.ca/rail -help/booking-with-rail-europe/the-rail-protection-plan.html.

You can buy an a-pass through www.swissrailways.com/ en/node/66. Select the "Online Ticket" option after filling out your address. Order processing takes 2 to 3 days. You can add a note to your order that this is urgent so they may process it quicker. Also you can give them a call after ordering.

By the way, I did not see any issues buying an e-pass through Rail Europe Canada, even when in Europe. Please see www.raileurope.ca/rail -tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html.

Good luck, let us know how it worked out for you!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016