Regional pass Lake Geneva + swiss family card

Regional pass Lake Geneva + swiss family card

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
blaskovi
blaskovi
2 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 8:10 AM

Hello,

I live in Switzerland and I am a holder of the GA travelcard. I will have my parents visiting soon together with my nephew, so their grandchild (11 years old). I was thinking of getting two regional passes for lake geneva and vaud for a week for my parents, so they can travel for free 3 days, and the rest of the days have 50% off. Can I also get the swiss family card for my nephew, so he can travel for free with them? Or this only works if is their son, and not grandson?

Thank you & best regards,

Sanja

Lucas
Lucas
1093 posts
top member &
Apr 21, 2017 - 2:04 PM in reply to blaskovi

Hi Sanja and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Family Card can only be gotten with a Swiss Travel System Pass - it doesn't work with the Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps card.

They can get a Junior Travel Card for grandchildren however (called Children’s Co-travelcard), for a small amount and then he will be free when traveling with them. This card can only be bought in Switzerland - it is similar to the Junior Travel Card.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 22, 2017 - 10:45 AM by Arno
blaskovi
blaskovi
2 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 2:22 PM in reply to Lucas

Perfect! Thank you very much for your reply!

Sanja

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017