Scenic Trains Between Murren and Luzerne

Scenic Trains Between Murren and Luzerne

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
msra7hm2
msra7hm2
63 posts
Jun 7, 2015 - 11:57 AM

Hi

As part of my 9 day itinerary split as 4 days in Murren and 5 days in Lucerne, I have planned the Interlaken to Lucerne train with Golden Pass Line. Also, I have included the Rothorn Brienzer as part of my itinerary.

Is there any other scenic train I can include in my itinerary in the region mentioned above?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2015 - 5:18 AM

Hi msra7hm2,

In your other topic you said you've planned a trip to Mount Rigi, which is a very scenic train ride as well. Also, there's the Voralpen Express, which was discussed here. The other section of the Golden Pass line, Interlaken to Montreux, is scenic too.

msra7hm2
msra7hm2
63 posts
Jun 8, 2015 - 10:44 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks Anni! Yes Rigi and Titlis both are in my itinerary in addition to Jungfraujoch.

What is the most scenic connection that I can take from Zurich airport to Murren?

Regarding going to Brienzer Rothorn, should I go there while I am in Murren or should I go from Lucerne?

Regards

Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2015 - 11:06 AM

Hello msra7hm2,

The most scenic route is the Golden Pass line. You can best check the timetable to see how much time it takes from any place to an attraction. The trip to the Brienzer Rothorn can be done from both towns. If you want to combine it with a boat trip, it makes sense to do it from Mürren.

msra7hm2
msra7hm2
63 posts
Jun 10, 2015 - 6:38 AM in reply to Arno

Are there different tracks / terminals at the train stations for Golden Pass Line or is it the same? How do I find it at the station?

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2015 - 5:57 PM

Hi msra7hm2,

The trains are regular trains, departing from regular platforms. You can find the platform number on the electronic displays. You may find this page useful: myswissalps.com/train/ practical/howtotravel.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016