Scenic Trains Between Murren and Luzerne

• msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    7 June 2015 at 11:57:22 #807361

Hi

As part of my 9 day itinerary split as 4 days in Murren and 5 days in Lucerne, I have planned the Interlaken to Lucerne train with Golden Pass Line. Also, I have included the Rothorn Brienzer as part of my itinerary.

Is there any other scenic train I can include in my itinerary in the region mentioned above?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    8 June 2015 at 5:18:17 #843684

Hi msra7hm2,

In your other topic you said you’ve planned a trip to Mount Rigi, which is a very scenic train ride as well. Also, there’s the Voralpen Express, which was discussed here. The other section of the Golden Pass line, Interlaken to Montreux, is scenic too.

msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    8 June 2015 at 10:44:24 #843685

Thanks Anni! Yes Rigi and Titlis both are in my itinerary in addition to Jungfraujoch.

What is the most scenic connection that I can take from Zurich airport to Murren?

Regarding going to Brienzer Rothorn, should I go there while I am in Murren or should I go from Lucerne?

Regards

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2015 at 11:06:03 #843686

Hello msra7hm2,

The most scenic route is the Golden Pass line. You can best check the timetable to see how much time it takes from any place to an attraction. The trip to the Brienzer Rothorn can be done from both towns. If you want to combine it with a boat trip, it makes sense to do it from Mürren.

msra7hm2
    Participant
    63 posts
    10 June 2015 at 6:38:52 #843687

Are there different tracks / terminals at the train stations for Golden Pass Line or is it the same? How do I find it at the station?

Annika
    7125 posts
    10 June 2015 at 17:57:14 #843688

Hi msra7hm2,

The trains are regular trains, departing from regular platforms. You can find the platform number on the electronic displays. You may find this page useful: myswissalps.com/train/ practical/howtotravel.

• The thread ‘Scenic Trains Between Murren and Luzerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.