short switzerland trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2014 at 1:01:17 #806700

Dear all,

very nice website and lots of information.I apologise for causing any inconvenience.

I need some assistance and advice regarding my proposed plan to visit switzerland.

I am planning to travel with my wife and three children aged 9, 13 and 15, We are planning to travel from Paris on 4 december and depart to salzburg on the 6th december 2014.

We are interested to go up the Jungfrauch and spend some time playing with the snow at the peaks.

We would appreciate suggestions and recommendation for our trip.

we are planing to purchase TGV from Paris to Basel and buy the swiss pass to travel from Basel to interlaken.

We are also planning to travel to zurich for morning before taking train from zurich to salzburg.

we planned to stay at interlaken for two nights.

Many thanks,

hashim

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    28 October 2014 at 19:24:11 #841263

Hello hashim,

Thanks for your nice comments! Since your stay is really short, the weather will be a very important factor. If it’s cloudy or snowy on the Jungfraujoch, you can of course still go up there, but the fantastic views won’t be there. So keep an eye on the weather forecast and have an alternative ready just in case.

As for the pass: if you want to have a Swiss Pass, then get a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for the adults. The children will travel along for free with the Swiss Family Card. Since you’re in the UK, you can get the pass here: http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/en/products/swis sflexipass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2014 at 22:53:51 #841264

Dear Annika,

Thanks for you reply. It is very relieving to have somebody that could assist us in our trip.

What are the main difference between the flexi pass and swiss pass?

Can i use the pass to travel from basel to interlaken as well from interlaken to zurich on the third day, before departing to salzburg?

if the weather is bad, i am also thinking of taking the cable car up to Mt Titlis. do you think that would be good alternative?

how much are the prices of ticket to Jungfraujoch and any benefit of purchasing ot online or at the counter?

Once again very much appreciated on your help.

Regards,

hashim

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 October 2014 at 9:47:03 #841265

Hi hashim,

Since you stay for 3 days you don’t need to look into the Swiss Pass, as it has a 4-day minimum. You can check the Swiss Pass page and the Swiss Flexi Pass page Annika linked to if you want to compare the passes and find all details about them.

Yes, the pass will cover Basel to Interlaken and Interlaken to Zurich, and up to the Swiss border. You can download the map from our pass page to see what’s covered.

Mount Titlis is wonderful but the same advice applies there: it’s a high peak so only go up if the weather is fine. If you just want to experience snow and the weather isn’t great, there are cheaper places to go to, like Kleine Scheidegg near Wengen. Of course there’s no guarantee, but there will most probably be snow at that altitude as well.

Links to the Jungfraujoch prices and more about tickets can be found here. The pass will provide free traveling to Wengen/Grindelwald, and 25% off from there. In total it will be around CHF 125 per adult.

• The thread ‘short switzerland trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.