Swiss Flexi Pass & Lake Brienz boat cruise

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2014 at 12:55:35 #806252

Hi all,

I’ll be visiting Switzerland only for a short trip (2 days). And now I am torn between buying point to point tickets OR buy 2 days Swiss Flexi Pass.

Here’s my itinerary:

Day 0: Milan-Spiez-Interlaken OST-Lauterbrunnen (arrive around 10pm)

Day 1: Lauterbrunnen-Murren-Wengen-Lauterbrunnen

Day 2: Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken-Lake Brienz-Lucerne-Geneva (night flight to Manchester)

My questions are:

1) Does 2 days Swiss flexi pass covers train from Spiez to Interlaken OST & Lucerne-Geneva, or do I have to buy different tickets?

2) I am interested to take the Lake Brienz boat cruise from Interlaken OST to Lucerne. How do I go to Lucerne from Brienz? Brienz is the last stop for the boat cruise right? (correct me if I’m wrong)

3) How much is the price for Lake Brienz boat cruise (Interlaken OST-Lucerne, one way journey) if I decide not to buy Swiss Flexi pass? Based on this website below, stated there CFH66 for 2nd class (1pax). Am I correct? Kindly help me on this as I don’t really understand the price chart.

http://www.bls.ch/e/schifffahrt/fahrplan-preise.php

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Dada

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    15 March 2014 at 18:25:54 #839578

Hi Dada,

Thanks for posting! I’m going straight to your questions:

1) Yes, that’s covered, and it covers much more than that. On your way from Milan, validity already starts in Domodossola, Italy, so you do not need a ticket as far as Spiez. See here for all details on what’s covered. Note that the 2-day Swiss Flexi Pass is only valid through May.

2) Yes, Brienz is the last stop. There are direct trains from Brienz to Lucerne (Golden Pass route).

3) CHF 66 is a 2nd class day card for unlimited traveling on the lakes if you don’t have a pass. A single trip from Interlaken Ost to Brienz costs CHF 29. You can find it in the PDF document linked from the page you mentioned. All information about the boat trip can be found on our website as well.

Here’s explained how to pick the best pass.

• The thread ‘Swiss Flexi Pass & Lake Brienz boat cruise’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.