Swiss Travel Pass online buying error

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2016 at 22:00:23 #809628

Hi

Can any body help me, I am trying to buy Swiss travel pass (online from Germany) starting from 22-7-2016 for two adults.

But I continuously getting an error (Bad request 400) stating that “We are sorry, but your request is invalid.”

what should i do now?

I have entered everything correctly. I entered my required bio-data, then selected online ticket (as delivery option), selected Master card as payment source, then pressed continue……. But received the above error.

I changed the delivery option as well but unsuccessful.

Thanks and Regards,

Ihsan Gadi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2016 at 5:58:48 #853897

Hi Ihsan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am sorry to hear that. Where do you want to buy the pass? Is it http://www.swissrailways.com/ en? It looks like it failed during the processing of your credit card. I can’t test that. This could be a temporary issue. You can try again later today. If it still does not work, please try ordering somewhere else (all options are here). From Germany, I’d suggest http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-pass.

Please let me know how it went.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 12:51:33 #853898

HI Arno!!

Thank you very much for your answer. It was not an credit error, After filling the form it was not going to payment options, But now the problem is resolved.

Later I realized that I should 1st sign up the website, then I should go for purchasing option. So it was successful now.

One thing I am concerned is, it was asked to mention country of residence (not the Nationality), So I wrote Germany, But I am Pakistani National living in Germany.

During that process It was asked to write country of residence, which wrote as Germany

On my ticket (swiss travel pass), Passport country Germany is mentioned. will it cause any problem?

Although the passport number is correct and German visa is stamped as well.

Kind Regards,

Ihsan

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2016 at 12:57:19 #853899

Hi Ihsan,

Glad to hear it worked for you, thanks for letting us know. None of the mentioned websites requires you to sign up by the way.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 13:03:31 #853900

thank you very much,

I have edited my above post, with problem mentioned.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2016 at 13:11:20 #853901

Hi Ihsan,

The country on the pass should be the same country as in your passport. If you ordered through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en you can contact them as explained here so they can correct that before they e-mail you the pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2016 at 13:14:38 #853902

Thank you very much, I will contact them now.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass online buying error’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.