Trip report Sept 2018, day 5-Schilthorn & Murren

• Judy52
    Participant
    131 posts
    3 February 2019 at 6:24:01 #819745

It was another lovely morning and the webcam showed it was clear on the Schilthorn so we decided to go up there today. Because we had Swiss Travel Passes it would be completely free. We caught the train to Lauterbrunnen and then the bus to Stechelberg.

There were an awful lot of people going up on the various cable cars and it really was quite unpleasant waiting in queues and being squashed with so many others in the cars. We finally arrived at the Schilthorn and could enjoy the fresh air. No altitude sickness this time as I guess being 500 metres or so lower makes a difference.

The tops of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau were slightly obscured by cloud, but we generally got a pretty good view. When planning this trip I’d hoped for at least one good weather day for either the Junfraujoch or the Schilthorn – I didn’t think we’d get to see both of them, so I was pretty happy.

After we’d seen enough up there we took the cable car back down to Birg where G did the Thrill Walk. We got out at Murren next and walked to the rail station where we caught the train to Grutschalp and the cablecar down to Lauterbrunnen and the train back to Wengen.

Day 6: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-september-2018-day-6-first

• The thread ‘Trip report Sept 2018, day 5-Schilthorn & Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11110 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.