Where from I can buy Swiss Half Fare card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2011 at 1:30:35 #804596

I am planning to visit Switzerland for 4 days. I will be coming from Milan to Interlaken, Jungfrau, Lucerne (Mount Titlis and Mount Pilatus) finally Taking Bernina express from Chur to Tirano and back to Milan. Do you think Half Fare card is the good option for this travel? Because with Half fare card I will pay half prices to all scenic trains, boats, Cablecar and Bernina express. I guess validity of this card is of one month. So if I want to come again to Swiss(within one month) then I can again use it. Now I am coming on 15th August which is a public holiday. So I wanted to know that can I buy Half fare card on holiday and also can I buy it in Spiez or Interlaken? Please let me know as soon as possible so that I can plan accordingly.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 August 2011 at 3:57:36 #833838

Welcome to the forum vikas18feb!

All purchase options, both local and online, are listed at the Swiss Half Fare Card page: it can be purchased in Switzerland at most manned rail stations during opening hours. You will be able to purchase it in Spiez or Interlaken. However, if you choose to do so, you can only use half fare tickets from that point on. You would need to pay the full fare for the first leg of your trip.

As you are making some longer trips, I think it would be good to look into the 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass as well. It is more convenient as you don’t have to purchase tickets for each trip. You can calculate which option is cheaper. If you come back within one month, you can indeed use the Swiss Half Fare Card again. A Swiss Flexi Pass can be valid for up to one month as well: it’s valid up to the last free travel day you choose to use.

I hope this helps you decide.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2011 at 9:06:42 #833839

Hello,
    I wanted to know that if I take Bernina express from Tirano till St. Moritz then whether Half price card will be applicable or not? I mean with my half price card I should pay half of price for Bernina express ticktes.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    Vikas Rana

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 August 2011 at 4:47:52 #833840

Hello Vikas Rana. Yes, the Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discount to Bernina Express tickets. Just check the map under the link ‘Overview of the network on which the Swiss Half Fare Card is valid’ at the Swiss Half Fare Card page for the exact area of validity.

• The thread ‘Where from I can buy Swiss Half Fare card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.