Which sim card for an ipad in Switzerland?

Which sim card for an ipad in Switzerland?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
johnhalf
johnhalf
12 posts
Aug 3, 2015 - 6:45 AM

We arrive in Zurich Saturday morning August 8. What sim card do I need for an iPad mini and can I buy one at Zurich airport? If not, where?

And a "Europe Sim Card" (JT) arrived with my Swiss rail pass. Should I use it? We are staying in Switzerland for only one week, then going to France. Will any card I buy in Switzerland still work in France?

There, 5 questions in one email!

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Aug 3, 2015 - 9:59 AM

Hi johnhalf,

I just used the SIM card from www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/switzerland-prepaid-data-sim-card.html for my smart phone and was very happy with it (please see here). It covers France too, and works for iPads as well (be sure to select the correct card size when ordering). For the amount of data they offer it's a pretty cheap one.

Shipping this card takes 2 to 7 working days. If you have it sent to your hotel in Switzerland it should be delivered pretty quickly as they ship from Germany.

I don't know about the card your received with your rail pass. If it includes a data plan it might work as well. There's a Swisscom shop at the airport. I don't know their options and prices, but I'm sure they'll be able to get you online somehow.

Last modified on Aug 3, 2015 - 10:00 AM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016