3 nights in Switzerland, from Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 7:20:18 #864117

Hi Imran79 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Did you have a question for us? Your post did not work unfortunately.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 7:32:57 #864118

Dear

i am interested in going to Switzerland from Milan . I plan to go to Lucerne for a night and gimmelwald/murren for 2 nights . I need advice i am travelling on budget

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 7:34:55 #864119

I am thinking of going to murren from Milan . Staying there or Wengen , as i have heard Wengen has cheaper restaurants and Murrren is accesible from Wengen easily on foot . Then i play to stay a night in Lucerne or Berne . From there i plan to take bus to Colmar in France

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 7:36:51 #864120

This is my first trip to switzerland . I cannot afford mt jungfrau excursions , so i think travel pass would be of no use to me . Which city should i stay etc ? How to go direct from Milan to Wengen ? Etc please advise

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 16:33:31 #864121

Hi imran79,

I’m not sure where you should stay here in Switzerland – what are you hoping to see and do?
    Have a look through our town pages here, to help you decide where to go (ie Murren or Wengen or another town).

I can’t imagine you will find the restaurant prices any different in Wengen or Murren or any other town. Don’t base where you will stay on that – all of Switzerland is expensive. Your best bet for cheaper food is a grocery store like Migros or Coop when you are there. Read our page on how to save money in Switzerland here.

You can search the train timetables to see how to get from Milan to Wengen or Murren or any other town here. If you are planning to travel by train on most days in Switzerland, a Swiss Travel Pass may still be a good idea – it’s not just used to get a discount to Jungfraujoch, it covers almost all rail travel in Switzerland and then you don’t have to buy tickets every time you want to take a train or bus or boat.

• The thread ‘3 nights in Switzerland, from Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.