3 week Switzerland itinerary incl.panoramic trains

• TMKA
    Participant
    31 posts
    29 November 2019 at 22:14:17 #925597

Well we just want to experience the lakes, mountains, countryside and medieval cities, old towns– cities, museums do not interest us. If that helps & if you have any suggestions, we can change our itinerary in any way.

Also, If any of you ever visit the NYC area, I will gladly plan a wonderful trip for you. Thanks !! All the best!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2019 at 0:59:30 #925598

I occasionally comment in this forum about the concept of getting ‘punch drunk’ with high mountains. That’s why I suggested in my earlier response that you should consider the northern / western lakes and towns.

Lakes: Bielersee, Lac de Neuchatel, Murtensee

mediaeval and fort towns include:

Fribourg

Payerne

Estavayer le Lac

Murten

St Ursanne

Porrentruy

By the way my wife and I eschewed Switzerland this past summer to go by Queen Mary to NYC…and we didn’t see everything we wanted to see (eg Chelsea Village and the High Line) so you never know!

Anna
    6411 posts
    30 November 2019 at 8:53:42 #925599

Hi TMKA,

You will find that most Swiss cities are pretty small in comparison to NYC, and with a lot of history. In addition to all the links already suggested, when you are in Lucerne, I would also recommend taking leisurely boat rides around the lake. http://www.myswissalps.com/la kelucerne

Lucerne is also ideal for numerous excursions in Central Switzerland: https://www.myswissalp s.com/lakelucerne/acti vities

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The thread ‘3 week Switzerland itinerary incl.panoramic trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11190 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.