Bern base: visit Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen + Thun on a return ticket?

• Shayon
    Participant
    1 post
    10 April 2024 at 5:01:59 #1384841

Hi, after reading an awesome blog by Jess Carey of @ordinarygirlextraordinarydreamer.com, she mentions a return ticket from Bern that can allow me to break my journey in Interlaken Ost and capture Grindewald and Thun. This looks awesome. I’m hoping I can somehow, include Lauterbrunnen in place of either Thun or Grindewald. Can this be done on a return ticket?

• Yolanda
    2387 posts
    11 April 2024 at 4:01:36 #1398129

Hi Shayon,

Very welcome to MySwissAlps.

Yes,  a standard return ticket would work – as long as the point-to-point ticket indicates the route you wish to take, you’ll be able to hop on/off any train(s) on that route.  If you deviate from that route and there is a ticket inspector on board, you would be asked pay the difference.

It could be a Saver Day Pass is an option too for your day out and could well be cheaper, if available on your date of travel.  More on Saver Day Passes in the attached link:

and here’s our guide on point-to-point tickets:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11110 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.