Which Swiss castles to visit, where is Bern station, transfer at Basel

• RickS
    Participant
    1 post
    9 May 2024 at 0:16:31 #1520667

Hello Swiss Geniuses!

I am traveling with my lady to visit castles in Switzerland between the 14th-20th of May (renting a car… hoping this won’t be hard)!  Any “must see” castle tips appreciated (we’re staying in Schwarzenburg)!

I’m nervous about our departure on the 20th leaving from Bern to Basel SBB where we will make a connection to Strausbourg on “La Region Grand Est” also in Basel SBB.  I purchased the first part to Basel SBB (train supersaver tickets) online on the SBB CFF FFS (Swiss Pass) and the tickets say the train is in Bern but there is no address.  There seem to be several stations right in that area and I’m concerned we will have trouble finding the right one (also returning a rental car to the SIXT lot near the Bern train station but again… there are several stations?)  So my question is, does anyone have an actual address of the station?   I’m assuming it is the “Bern Train Station” which is a large five(ish) story glass windowed modern-looking building but not quite sure.  Which track would we want?  etc.  I can’t seem to find it online despite a concerted effort.  We only speak English (obviously) and are concerned we may have trouble getting any help.   Also wondering about the connection in Basel SBB… has anyone ever done it and how challenging is it?  We only have 20 minutes to make our connection.

Many thanks for any help / suggestions!

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11410 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.