There are comments that a regular train :
– “does the same route, see the same thing”;
– except: dun get to travel in tourist coaches with panorama windows
– no commentaries.
– less crowded … can take pictures/videos without reflection from the windows (windows opened).
– There are also open top flat-bed train where one can move to and back to the enclose coaches.
Though I am incline to reserve the 1st class train to get stay away from crowded coaches. I still hope for anyone to provide insights, and help on these queries :
1. Travel on GE/Be in Aug 2010, is it a peak or warm season for GE/BE ?
2. Is the GE/BE a 100% pure tourist train ? Are regular coaches attached to the same train of GE / BE ?
3. If the regular coaches are attached to the GE/BE, one can just hop on those (with a Swiss Pass) without reservation right ?
4. Is the open top flat bed coaches present in every train including the GE/BE ?
5. For BE, my trip is Lugano ->Bus- > Tirano ->BE-> St Moritz. Since the bus starts early and once per day, will need to reserve the bus. Is the reservation done as a “bundle for both the bus and BE” or is a-la-carte basis ?
6. On the cute wine glass with tilted base(used to serve wine on GE with a nice Switzerland cross on it). How do I get to keep one of it ? Any idea how much does it retail for ?
- The thread ‘Bernina Express and Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.