Should I buy mountain tickets with Swiss Half Fare Card in advance?

• Norbert
    Participant
    1 post
    8 May 2024 at 7:49:06 #1507477

Hello everybody!

We are going to stay in Switzerland from July the 9th to July the 30th. We will visiting places like Zurich, Luzern, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Zermatt and Geneve by bicycle and we will stay in campings at each location. My question is regarding visiting the attractive locations like Jungfraujoch, Schlithorn, Grindelwald First, Matterhorn Glacial Paradise, Zermatt Gronergrat and Schwarzsee and so on.

I already did a research about where can i buy and how should i buy tickets for these locations. According to my knowledge and really detailed articles on your website our best chance to buy tickets with the best price is buying a Swiss Half Fare Card. But I’m a little but confused about, that i should buy these tickets in advance like 2 months before our journey or i can buy it days or one week before visiting. Because we will be there in highseason and maybe we won’t have a chance to buy these tickets locally or we can’t visit due to bad weather condition.

So should i buy these tickets in advance like months before our visiting or i can wait until a week before our journey when the weather forecast is more precise too ? Or i should stop worrying because there is always a chance to buy these tickets one week before or locally. 🙂

Could you give me an advice about it please ?

Thank you for your answer in advance !

Best Regards Norbert.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11410 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.