December on the Glacier express

• Mary_wimsatt
    Participant
    3 posts
    7 March 2020 at 13:25:58 #825427

When will I be able to buy tickets for December 2020 for the Glacier express? where is the best place to buy them. I am in the US. Thank you for your assistance!

• Anna
    6397 posts
    7 March 2020 at 15:05:51 #931244

Hi Mary,

You can buy the Glacier Express tickets online or at the railway station before boarding as long as you have a seat reservation. If you are travelling over a few days in Switzerland, I recommend you look into getting a railpass such as the Swiss Travel Pass to enjoy free travel and discounted tickets. The Swiss Travel Pass is also valid on the pnaoramic trains but you do need to make seat reservation, which can be made up to 90 days in advance.

For more information and a list of resellers, please check out these links:

Regards,

Anna

Mary_wimsatt
    Participant
    3 posts
    7 March 2020 at 18:12:11 #931245

Thank you! Still trying to decide if I should use an agent or book my hotels and train from Basel to Zermatt, then the Glacier Express to St Moritz, and finally a night in Zurich on my own. Any suggestions?

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 March 2020 at 18:16:20 #931246

Hi Mary,

You can easily book this yourself, but if you don’t feel comfortable doing so or if it will take you too much time, then an agent can be handy. Basically this is your itinerary, with a few small changes: http://www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself/sampleitineraries/glacierexpresstour. That page explains what to book. Hotels in Basel can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/basel/hotels.

• The thread ‘December on the Glacier express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.