Can’t make seat reservation GoldenPass train Lucerne-Interlaken, June

• Donnie
    Participant
    3 posts
    19 April 2024 at 14:58:30 #1433813

I have bought what I think are first-class tickets for the Golden Pass rail trip on June 16.  I have been trying for a week to make seat reservations and have gotten the instructions for doing it on the phone app and also online from my laptop.  It has proven to be impossible for me to figure it out.  One reason is that I can’t remember (or find it on the tickets) if they are for a certain time that day.  When I tried to reserve seats, I used several different times, and got the message that they couldn’t reserve seats for us for those times.  Could that mean that those those particular trips are filled up?  Do I have to wait until a certain period of time before the trip to make reservations?

I have been in contact with the SBB.ch by email and, so far, they have just sent me the instructions once more.  I have written them back with our ticket numbers asking if they can check those tickets to make sure the are for the correct train and if they have a specific time.  Still waiting on a reply.  I have tried to attach the top part of our tickets to this post, but message says the files are too large.  The ticket numbers are :

Donna Halter – Ticket ID 147046693862                 Glenn Halter – Ticket ID 782838102901

and am hoping someone can check them for me or tell me how to do it.

Thanks so much!

• kamil_krk
    Participant
    116 posts
    19 April 2024 at 21:05:03 #1433819

Donnie – simply use this website:

https://store.luzern.com/luzern_en/specials/daytrips/zentralbahn-int-lu

Kamil

Anna
    6401 posts
    19 April 2024 at 22:06:11 #1433824

Hi Donnie,

Seat reservations for the Luzern-Interlaken Express) are not required, normally not even in high season. But you can reserve seats if you want. This costs CHF 12 in low season (10 December 2024 – 8 May 2024), and CHF 16 in high season (9 May – 27 October 2024).

You can book your seats online through the Zentralbahn website.

Further details here: https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/goldenpass/ (scroll down to Other Websites of Interest and click the link on seat reservation on Zentralbahn)

Regards,

Anna

Annika
    7132 posts
    21 April 2024 at 10:28:21 #1436302

Hi Donnie!

Note that tickets and seat reservations are entirely different products. If you’ve secured your first-class tickets, you’re ready to board the train as reservations on the Lucerne-Interlaken Express are not required: see the info under https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/goldenpass/#price. This train starts in Lucerne and is often waiting at the railway station for some time before it takes off. So if you’re on the platform in time, you can board as soon as passengers are allowed to enter and you can get yourself a nice seat, preferably at the right side :-).

If you do want to make reservations, you can use the link advised by Anna.

As for your ticket: what kind of ticket did you get? Is it a normal point-to-point ticket, or a Saver Day Pass maybe? If so, these are valid all day long and you’re not tied to a specific train or departure time. In case you’ve got yourself a Supersaver ticket, that will be valid for one particular train only. Please find details below:

If you’re still unsure, you could attach a screenshot of your ticket. Make sure to blur or delete any personal info first.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11160 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.