Companion Ticket with Saver Day Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card

• Anshul237
    Participant
    6 posts
    7 April 2024 at 15:40:19 #1374480

Hi Team,

I have Purchased the Half Fare Card for 1 month starting 17-Apr-2024 (valid till 16-May-2024

I have also purchased Saver Day Passes for 1,2 and 3 May 2024( With half Fare Travel Card discount @CHF 49)

Is this combination valid.. since I have Half Fare card and not Half Fare Travel Card?? This will work right?

Also I have purchased companion tickets for my spouse for the same days 1,2 and 3 May (@39 CHF each day)

Is this valid too?

please confirm

I purchased half fare for half fare on mountain excursions . please suggest if that is fine..

Thanks in advance for the help

• Anshul237
    Participant
    6 posts
    8 April 2024 at 7:47:15 #1374506

hi . can anyone please help and confirm on this

thanks!

Anna
    6390 posts
    8 April 2024 at 23:56:51 #1378526

Hi Anshul237,

Yes, the combination of Swiss Half Fare Card (https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/swiss-half-fare-card/) and Saver Day Pass (https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/saver-day-pass/) is valid.

The companion ticket is also valid with the Saver Day Pass that you purchased.

Mountain excursion will be half price since you have the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Regards,

Anna

Anshul237
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 April 2024 at 5:19:29 #1378539

Thanks a lot Anna .. much appreciated 😁

Anshul237
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 April 2024 at 8:23:30 #1378544

Hi Anna – Just checking if I have to purchase any reservation or tickets with the following -:

• Saver Day Pass (myself)
    • Companion tickets (Spouse)

I know we will have to reserve for Jungfraujoch tickets but apart from that is there anything I will need to book for other trains, buses, boats etc ?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance !

Best,

Anshul Biala

Yolanda
    2387 posts
    10 April 2024 at 3:15:00 #1384833

Hi Anshul,

Seat  reservations in general are not necessary in Switzerland.  They are only necessary on some of the panoramic train rides.  More on seat reservations in the link below:

You don’t actually need to reserve seats for your trip to Jungfraujoch either, though there is an option for “priority boarding” if you wish.  It’s best not to buy your tickets too advance in case the weather is not favourable on your chosen date.  You would be fine to buy tickets a day before or on the morning, once you know the weather will be OK. All details for a trip to Jungfraujoch in the attached link:

Note, with the Companion Ticket, for your excursion to the Jungfraujoch, your spouse’s ‘free’ travel would only take her to Wengen or Grindelwald. Thereon, she would need to purchase a regular ticket unless she had a Swiss Half Fare Card too.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11110 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.