How does the consecutive Swiss Travel Pass work?

• Sparkyenos
    Participant
    76 posts
    11 May 2020 at 10:21:56 #825544

If I buy the 15 Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days I understand this is for consecutive days. Say on day 10 we decide to stay in town and not use the pass———- I understand that the 10th day is lost but would the following day be day 11 on the pass———–I was concerned if I didn’t use day 10 it would null out the entire rest of the pass.

Thanks

Kathy Enos

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2020 at 19:34:46 #932402

The duration of the non-flex pass ( as the titles suggest) is continuous, so a fixed 15 day pass is absolutely only valid from the start of day 1 to the end of day 15. I you fail to travel on one day – you ‘lose’ the day. In the old days (my first one was in 1973 aged 13) it really was a lost day, but nowadays as the STP includes city transport and local buses even in small towns the likelihood of a tourist not using the pass at all on that day is much reduced.

Don’t panic about the ‘pass stopping’. To be frank it has not crossed my mind once in over 40 years that someone would be worried that stopping the pass mid way would invalidate it. However this was not likely in the past when it was a physical card document with start and end dates indelibly written on in large type!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2020 at 4:24:42 #932403

Hello Kathy,

Don’t worry about the validity of your consecutive Swiss Travel Pass if you don’t use it one day, you can use it for the rest of the time without any limitation.

Please find detailed input about the mentioned pass in the different tabs of below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘How does the consecutive Swiss Travel Pass work?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11130 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.