8 days in Switzerland mother and child itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 18:14:53 #821599

Thank you so much for the wonderful website and forum. I am very impressed with the level of detail here!

I am in the midst of planning a trip to Switzerland with my 10 year old daughter starting July 6 through July 20. We are dropping my older girl to Versoix on July 6 and then heading directly to Montreux.I would love some input into my itinerary which is a work in progress: I am thinking that I booked too many days in Ascona and should add on a day in Luzern or Wengen, or perhaps head to Bern before returning to Versoix (Geneva). I am limiting the number of bases to 5 so as not to lose too many days to travel. Would love to maximize the train travel enjoyment moving from base to base.

Saturday, July 6: Train Geneva to Montreux, walk the promenade, see the castle, jazz

Sunday, July 7: Day trip to Rochers-de-Naye

Monday, July 8: Day trip to Gruyers

Tuesday, July 9: Train to Zermatt

Wednesday, July 10: Zermatt, ski, tubing

Thursday, July 11: Train to Ascona via Locarno, relax by lake

Friday, July 12: Ascona visit Falconaria , Lido Locarno, Visconteo Castle, Ghisla Art Collection

Saturday, July 13: Ascona boating on lake

Sunday, July 14: Train to Luzern, Explore Old Town Lucerne, panoramic art, Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge, Glacier Garden, Musegg Wall, old town

Monday, July 15: Mt Pilatus golden round trip

Tuesday, July 16: Mt. Titlus, Cliff Walk, Titlus Rotair, Glacier Cave

Depart Luzern and train to Wengen

Wednesday, July 17: Wengen: Jungfrau

Thursday, July 18: Schilthorn / Grindelwald

Friday, July 19: Depart Wengen and train to Versoix

Thank you for any feedback!

• The thread ‘8 days in Switzerland mother and child itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11250 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.