Locker size in Swiss train stations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 8:01:47 #812094

Dear sir

I have two luggages, the biggest one size is 32.1 x 21.7 x 11.0 inch, the smallest one size is 26.4 x 17.7 x 9.8 inch . Is this size able to put into lockers in Swiss Train station? Where can I check the locker size? If it does, can I put two luggages together in one locker or separately?

I have a question is I have to put the lockers in Appenzell station, if the locker doesn’t available, I have to put in the baggage service but the operating time doesn’t fit my schedule, I have to pick it at 12:xx, but the service is closed until 13:15. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot for all help!!

Cecily

• Arno
    15484 posts
    3 June 2017 at 8:59:49 #864373

Hi Cecily,

Please visit http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations.html to check if a station has lockers and the exact size. Indeed the left luggage office in Appenzell closes during lunch time in weekends. I don’t know a way around that. You can ask for options when you arrive.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:25:03 #864374

Thanks Arno, however the link can’t check the exact size of the lockers. I just know there is a baggage services. Is there any tourist office nearby that can store luggage?

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:34:28 #864375

Hi Cecily,

If there are lockers that page shows the size, but I think in Appenzell there’s only a staffed luggage office, no lockers. The tourist office is 5 minutes on foot from the train station, but I don’t know if they store luggage. You can ask though. They’re open from 10 AM to 5 PM in weekends in summer.

• The thread ‘Locker size in Swiss train stations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.