Via Ferrata in Mürren – pic and video

• kshingleton
    Participant
    43 posts
    26 September 2023 at 0:10:40 #830821

For those considering the Murren Via Ferrata, I managed to get some pretty good video via my 360 cam from last week when my son and I did it – just be prepared to finish it, because once you get to the exposed part you can’t turn back 🙂 very cool bridges to traverse in the second half of the route as well. Happy to answer questions. Pretty incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoDO1tu0bmo

• Anna
    6434 posts
    26 September 2023 at 7:04:18 #958534

Hi kshingleton,

Bravo! Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Anna

Danielsan
    Participant
    647 posts
    28 September 2023 at 4:46:26 #958535

Hi kshingleton,

I just watched your video. Pretty incredible. Thanks for posting. How did you film that? I realize you said something about a 360 cam, but how does that film you from above? Amazingly beautiful. I remember seeing that bridge from the cable car on my down 5 years ago. I also saw the cable car in your video. Very cool. Would love to see any other pics you may have from the area/region.

Regards,

Danielsan

Yolanda
    2462 posts
    28 September 2023 at 5:09:28 #958536

Hi kshingleton,

Likewise, just watched the video too. That was breathtaking. A huge achievement, well done to the two of you!!

Kind regards,

Yolanda

kshingleton
    Participant
    43 posts
    29 September 2023 at 3:59:40 #958537

Thanks for the comments… regarding the camera, I had an Insta360 X3 with a waist belt mount and a 3m/10ft extender stick to get it high above us – the Insta360 software actually edits out the stick which is why it looks like it’s floating above us… no guide is needed – just need to be physically fit for the constant downward climb and use common sense – primarily that you ALWAYS have one carabiner clipped to the cable.

Danielsan
    Participant
    647 posts
    29 September 2023 at 7:59:00 #958538

Hi kshingleton,

Wow! I don’t understand how you had that camera somehow clipped to your belt, and it didn’t interfere with your journey. Amazing. Very, very impressive.

I remember seeing that bridge and wanting to go on it five years ago until I realized what kind of journey it was and what it entailed just to get to it. Needless to say, it didn’t happen….lol. Again, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Danielsan

Peralesmarta
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 October 2023 at 16:24:07 #958533

Via ferrata en Suiza es muy bonita. En Valencia (Spain) hay muchas vías ferratas increíbles. Me mudé con una empresa de mudanzas hace poco a Valencia y estoy encantada con las Vías ferratas de esta zona La empresa es: http://www.valencianademudanzas.com/. Very nice views from there.

• The thread ‘Via Ferrata in Mürren – pic and video’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11290 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.