Must I have reservations for Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2020 at 17:05:17 #825060

I am staying in Murren on February 22nd, 23rd ad 24th and plan to do the jungfraujoch on the 23rd. I already bought the tickets from the promotion when I purchased my Swiss Travel Pass for 15 days. the promotion comes with free reservations from Klein Schneidegg to Jungfraujoch. 2 questions: my ticket is for February 23rd; if the weather on that day is bad, would I be able to use it for the next day 24th? second question is are the reservations mandatory? I ask because even though the reservations are free, I have to select a time for the reservation and I think it will take me 1.5~ hours to get from my hotel in Murren to Klein Schneidegg so it is hard deciding should I make the reservation for 9:30 or 10 or not make the reservation and take a chance. if I have lets say a 9:30 reservation and I dont make it there till later, can I still use my ticket and is it so crowded that I wont be able to go at all? I am not planning to leave my hotel until around 8 am when it is light outside as I dont want to stumble in the dark and risk falling (am in my 60’s)

• The thread ‘Must I have reservations for Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11240 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.