Schilthorn-Mürren-Gimmelwald-Männlichen: best plan+ticket validity?

• Cora
    Participant
    17 posts
    18 April 2024 at 16:58:06 #1431123

Hello,

Need your input/advice on what’s best for this this trip. I’m staying at Wengen. Should I go up Schilthorn first then come down to Murren ( short stroll ) then Gimmelwald for a stroll and maybe lunch, then go back to Wengen to Mannlichen. Planning to do the Panoramic hike  from Mannlichen to Klein scheindegg. I’ll be purchasing ticket point to point ( good for 1 calendar day )from Wengen to Schilthorn. Is this trip doable and  will the ticket allow me return travel to Wengen via Klein Scheindegg. I’m thinking I need to purchase another ticket from Klein Scheindegg back to Wengen.

Best,

Cora

• Anna
    6401 posts
    19 April 2024 at 21:26:08 #1433820

Hi Cora,

Based on your plans, I would get separate tickets as follows:

1. Return ticket Wengen-Schilthorn-Mürren-Lauterbrunnen-Wengen. This will allow you to do the loop including hike to Gimmelwald.
    2. Wengen-Mannlichen-hike-Kleine Scheidegg-Wengen. If you purchase the ticket from the counter, just let the staff know you would like to do the hike and you will get the combi ticket.

For further information, please visit our travel guides below:

Schilthorn: https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/schilthorn/

Mannlichen: https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/mannlichen/

Let us know if you need further info.

Regards,

Anna

Cora
    Participant
    17 posts
    26 April 2024 at 21:36:57 #1464118

Hi Anna,

Thank you for this infos. Really appreciate it. Should I wait on purchasing ticket until I get there? Travel dates in the Jungfrau region August 22-24, Wengen as base.

Best,

Cora

Cora
    Participant
    17 posts
    26 April 2024 at 21:36:58 #1464119

Hi Anna,

Thank you for this infos. Really appreciate it. Should I wait on purchasing ticket until I get there? Travel dates in the Jungfrau region August 22-24, Wengen as base.

Best,

Cora

Anna
    6401 posts
    26 April 2024 at 22:36:56 #1464120

Hi Cora,

If you are concerned about the weather and plan to do your mountain excursion only in good weather, then it’s probably best to purchase your ticket on the spot after you’ve checked the weather forecast and the mountain webcams. Excursion tickets don’t usually run out but you might have to stand in line if the queue is long.

Best regards,

Anna

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11140 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.