Short transfer time to switch trains in Zurich HB

• Waycoll
    Participant
    20 posts
    29 April 2024 at 0:24:07 #1466988

Hi Forum

I’m after your thoughts on the duration of a connection I have to make at Zurich Hbf in July (i.e. peak season). I have purchased 2 point-to-point journeys with the Swiss half-fare card:

Service: Railjet RJX366 from Innsbruck to Zurich (originates Vienna – i.e. long international journey), Arrival: 11:20 am

Connection with: SBB EC317 Zurich to Como (via Chiasso), Departure 11:33 am. (i.e. International service which required seat reservation).

I’ve looked up the reliability of that Railjet service, but although it seems fairly reliable for minimal delay, with such a long journey to Zurich there would seem to be more opportunity for this to occur.

Should a delay of 10 mins or more (and a hectic run for the connection) result in a missed train, would my point-to-point fare allow me to catch a later connection,  and what about the requirement for a seat reservation for the international aspect of the journey? (The reservation applies specifically for the EC317 service, not any subsequent one I might need to take instead.)

All thoughts and suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Wayne

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11360 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.